|Date Posted||March 13, 2018|
- This person is our 2nd (and last) tier of support for all software-related issues.
- Majority of this person’s time will be supporting Salesforce and the functionality of our website, i.e. not the content of the website.
- This person is FULLY responsible (meaning from beginning to end) for fixing all bugs in Salesforce. This includes triaging incoming tickets, reproducing to confirm there is an issue, troubleshoot until the find the root cause, developing a fix in our QA environment, and deploying the changes to our production environment. We have developers on staff who could offer recommendations, but in the end, the App Specialist is 100% responsible for correcting the issue.
- To be absolutely clear about the above bullet – this is a technical role
- Position requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years in a Help Desk environment supporting software applications
- Minimum of 2 years configuring and managing Salesforce
- Working knowledge of SQL, SOQL, SOSL, HTML, XML, and MS Visual Studio
- Salesforce administrator (ADM 201) certification preferred
- All work for this position will be assigned through a ticketing system, Jira. This person is fully expected to work out of the ticketing system, including adding notes to the ticket as they work.
- This position is required to travel and work a for a minimum of 10 days.
- Considering this is a fully technical role, we expect this person to have experience and be able to talk to us in detail about the typical Salesforce Admin responsibilities, as well as the tools used in Salesforce. This includes the following:
- Creating/removing users and assigning their permissions
- Creating/modifying custom fields and field level security
- Creating/modifying custom objects
- Creating/modifying reports and dashboards
- Creating/modifying workflows and process builders
- Importing data with the Import Wizard and Data Loader
- How the accounting side of Salesforce works, i.e. invoices, renewal billing, credit card batches, etc.
- Additionally, this person will be responsible for supporting the existing code, therefore they need to have a good understanding of SQL, SOQL, and SOSL. This person should know enough that they can read a line of code and understand what it does, as well as make adjustments to the code. Same goes for HTML and XML, but these may not be as common. They may write simple queries here and there, just depending on what they are doing. To be clear – we are not at all looking for someone that would be writing code all day.
- This person is not expected to have developer experience, but we are hoping they are familiar with common development items, like the different sandboxes available, change sets, APEX triggers, etc.
- Communication skills are a must for this role, written and oral. This role will have constant interaction with staff as they report issues to us. Our staff need to be able to understand this person and follow their instructions. In order to accomplish this, they need to be able to discuss IT topics in layman’s terms. If they have all of the technical skills but lacking on the communication side, it is a non-starter for me.