|Location||Flexible location, United States|
|Date Posted||October 3, 2018|
Use your skills to help end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a full-time Business and Operations Analyst – Salesforce for Technology Services. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. Travel for team and organizational meetings is required a few times a year.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
TNTP’s Technology Services Department supports our organization with internal and client-facing technology needs. The Business Analyst, as a member of the Technology Services department, supports the processes, systems, reporting and analytics for technology operations at TNTP.
What You’ll Do
The Business Analyst – Salesforce will join a small team within the Technology Services department to maintain and support TNTP’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Salesforce. This team works collaboratively with internal groups to analyze process and technology challenges and recommend practical solutions within Salesforce, as well as provide key analytics that support our business development strategy. This includes keeping a pulse on systems and data trends to ensure the Legal and Business Development Operations teams meet their goals in driving business development strategy for the organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with our Senior Business Analyst - Salesforce, provide expert technical leadership on the management and use of Salesforce
- Ensure that Salesforce is effectively maintained and supported to enable the organization to meet its business needs
- Manage help desk tickets and various operational functions to create an optimal end-user experience
- Design and generate analytical reports, including financial reports
- Collaborate and communicate with end users to understand their context, user experience, and help develop solutions they don’t necessarily know to ask for
- Provide outreach, guidance, training and support to Salesforce.com end users
- Coordinate with our Operations and Development teams within the Technology Services department to ensure a high-quality client experience
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level. You will thrive in this position if you are a creative problem solver who loves technology, especially Salesforce, and knows how to build strong relationships with clients by accurately diagnosing their needs and implementing timely solutions.
We expect our Business Analyst to:
- Manage and improve on systems and process. You’ll use your familiarity with CRM systems, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills to propose solutions and run with them every day.
- Love data. Your experience analyzing data and making it come alive will be crucial. You will design and implement processes and reports, using Salesforce and Tableau, to ensure data integrity.
- Connect the dots. You’ll use your strong project management and problem-solving skills to create and execute on multiple, complex streams of work, proposing solutions to thorny issues and making critical decisions on the best course of action for our work. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you; just the opposite, you thrive on it.
- Partner with clients. You’ll regularly interact with internal and external clients who use Salesforce and will approach solving problems with their perspectives in mind, by responding promptly, providing resources, recommending solutions and motivating them to try out new ways of working.
Salesforce.com administration experience required, with Salesforce Certified Administrator preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in an Analyst function
- Experience writing user-stories, business requirements, functional specifications, and developing process diagrams
- Comfort working with data and data sources
- Experience creating and running reports and dashboards using Salesforce and other platforms (Tableau experience a plus)
- The ability to critically assess challenges and identify flexible, effective solutions in ambiguous situations
- Strong client management and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate well, facilitate discussion, lead trainings, resolve problems, and understand the needs and desires of end-users
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently in a virtual, fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Experience with Workday a plus but not required
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people