|Date Posted||December 6, 2017|
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position supports the Channel Development and Legal teams in the management of all commercial contracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and customer requirements. This position supports the Sales and Marketing group with aligning itself with strategic corporate initiatives to dramatically grow recurring revenue for the company. It is responsible for the management of contracts totaling over $300M in annual revenue. This position is responsible for all system setup of new and existing channel for including Dealer Locator, Salesforce.com, Club Car Links, and CustomerVIEW. This position requires a thorough understanding of nationwide compliance requirements for ensuring the company is compliant with sales activities for both on-road and off-road products. This position is responsible for ensuring contracts are in line with overall corporate standards, facilitates negotiation of contracts with legal and business teams, and executes contract changes for all sales and government contracts and bid solicitations. This position manages setup and procedures for ensuring Channel Partners visibility of Company Systems match agreement product offerings and contract terms.
- Working closely with the Legal team, this position supports and leads the enforcement of all phases of commercial contract management, including:
- This position provides support and analysis of customer solicitations, proposals and contracts for the sale of products for Club Car. Conducts contract negotiations, and administration of contracting activities; works on complex customer problems.
- Manages and maintains the integrity of all domestic and international distribution agreements, including but not limited to, offer, maintenance, renewals and terminations.
- Modifies terms/conditions to accommodate regulatory changes when needed.
- Responsible for reviewing government contract solicitation terms. Identifies potential risks, negotiates and incorporates changes when necessary.
- Advises business leaders on risks and its impact on business decisions.
- Reviews all contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policies. Provides advice and guidance to company sales managers, members of senior management and other departments.
- Manages and negotiates company’s portfolio of contracts; including, but not limited to, lease agreements, separation agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Frequently interacts with sales force, corporate legal team, customers and members of senior management.
- Responsible for staying current with and tracking regulatory changes. Ability to analyze and interpret laws pertaining to product offerings.
- Provides guidance to company’s small electric vehicle, low speed vehicle and utility products channel partners, sales force and OEMs on regulatory requirements to sell products.
- Independently responsible for corporate compliance in the registration of all vehicle manufacturing activities. Ensures proper certification and compliance with all governmental agencies that regulate company products.
- Interprets and explains laws and regulations to sales force regarding establishment of new dealers within state mandated relevant market areas.
- Responsible for managing and renewing business licensing for Club Car in states, cities and counties.
- Position is responsible for entering and maintaining all new and existing agreement and territory information in Siebel/SFDC. Including contract terms, copies of agreements and territory assignments.
- Collaborates with multiple departments to ensure dealers meet business and legal requirements.
- Works with potential new dealers to meet all sales and financial requirements prior to issuance of distribution agreements
- Completes full investigation for vetting of Global Distributors and Business Partners. Teams with the Finance team and IR Compliance team throughout the process as appropriate and necessary.
- Updates and maintains legal Contact Information for all Channel Partners.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a degree in contract administration, business management or closely related field.
- Minimum Years of Experience:
- 5+ years professional experience preferred. Prefer strong Sales, Contract Management, and/or Regulatory Compliance experience including at least 5 years direct experience in contract sales and or contract negotiation.
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Siebel CRM. Comprehensive knowledge of general business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles. Strong legal and analytical skills. Ability to advise and interact with all levels of management and able to communicate clearly with other departments as well as customers. Ability to interpret and apply federal and state laws as it pertains to distribution/dealers and small electric vehicles, low speed vehicles and utility vehicles. Motor vehicle industry knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent time-management and decision-making skills
- Handling of confidential company and customer information
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft and Siebel CRM
- Possess excellent organization, management, analytical and negotiation skills and demonstrate sound business acumen
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge
- Strong attention to detail with follow-through
- Ability to work well within a team environment
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.