|Date Posted||January 6, 2018|
Company: Carnival Cruise Line
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Job Title: Database Coordinator
We are hiring a Database Coordinator. In this position you will play a key role in supporting the sales team (PVPs and Sales Coaches) with the Siebel application. The primary responsibility is to manage the Siebel Support Mailbox by responding to incoming emails and requests for assistance in a timely manner. While support is typically offered via email, it will sometimes be necessary to assist agents via phone, instant message, or in person.
The Database Coordinator will also take part in Siebel application changes. This includes (but is not limited to) identifying / creating cases for enhancements or existing defects, communicating requirements to the programmers, UAT testing and test script writing, and participating in deployments.
The Database Coordinator will also be responsible for executing database transfers. This includes initiating transfers for training purposes, database creation for new hires, database refreshing for existing agents, and dismantling databases upon separation or promotion.
Lastly, this individual will support Oracle Right Now our Email Management System, Knowledgebase and Frequently Asked Questions for guests on our company website by way of updating, modify or uploading Knowledgebase documents and sending out communications to the contact center.
Since the Operations team supports our 24-hour contact center, some evening and weekend hours may be necessary depending on business demands.
- Manage and respond to inquiries in the Siebel Support inbox
- Assist with UAT testing and deployments
- Oracle RN documentation updates and communication
- Follow up on IT tickets assigned to our team
- Perform lead transfers for database management (account creation and separations)
- Assist with Siebel training initiatives or presentations as needed
- Communicate with users about changes, upgrades, or application status
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary 'Fun Ship' cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary 'Fun Ship' cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
About Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.