|Date Posted||January 10, 2019|
CHEP helps move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Its pallets, crates and containers form the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, CHEP created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. CHEP primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. CHEP employs approximately 11,000 people and owns approximately 300 million pallets, crates and containers through a network of more than 750 service centres, supporting more than 500,000 customer touch-points for global brands such as Procter & Gamble, Sysco, Kellogg’s and Nestlé. CHEP is part of the Brambles Group and operates in more than 55 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For more information on CHEP, visit www.chep.com. For information on the Brambles Group, visit www.brambles.com
As one of four Brambles growth companies, CHEP and Brambles provide you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career. You’ll be joining an international growth organisation with a pioneering, circular business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll become part of an efficient and collaborative global team making a real contribution to a smarter, more sustainable future. For more on how Brambles growth companies can accelerate your career, visit https://careers.brambles.com/
The Extended Services Manager (ESM) is responsible for leading all operations-related activities within their assigned customer(s). This position will be responsible for indirectly providing direction to a network of Extended Services Representatives (ESR) to insure customer related issues are completed in an effective and timely manner. The ESM will also partner with the Customer’s key senior level customer contacts in a consultative capacity to provide guidance on company initiatives and further streamline business to business processes, ultimately building a strategic partnership and developing multiple Value Streams for the customer and CHEP. ESM preferably is based in the Customers Corp Office and engages multiple key senior level contacts on a daily basis.
- Leads detailed Customer Corporate Design session to establish immediate needs and long-term Roadmap for pre-defined joint success metrics
- Aligns success metrics with Customer’s internal business objectives around Sustainability, Efficiencies and Cost Reduction initiatives
- Manages monthly Scorecard generation to provide full and transparent visibility on Account Health and Supply Chain Value Stream success
- Gains complete knowledge of Customer’s Supply Chain, resulting in identifying and leading additional operational efficiency initiatives and cost reduction opportunities, with specific $ budgets to overall cost-savings agreed to by Customer.
- Collaborates with Customer and CHEP Sales-National Account Manager to define Strategic Initiatives resulting in joint supply chain savings
- Becomes a proficient Consultant for Customer on how to maximize the Value CHEP can deliver.
- Develops innovative changes within Account Management to drive efficiency
- Daily contact with customer corporate contacts to resolve transactional issues exposed through data analysis
- Demonstrate team collaboration to utilize necessary resources to drive proactive improvement to account health
- Manages ad-hoc reports to customer and sales manager to support account management objectives
- Resolves identified account health issues including: invoicing, negative balances, suspended transactions, EDI-related reporting issues and unknown movements
- Takes full ownership of successful execution of physical inventory/audit process to ensure accuracy ultimately resulting in a minimal variance
- Advises sales team of potential issues with account health and works proactively with CIT Team and ESR’s to lead the resolution process before the issues affect account health
- Communicates needed support and direction to cross-functional teams through Siebel, Outlook, WebEx and direct phone calls
- Maintains current database tools which contain customer contact information and customer service expectations are maintained by ESR’s
- Utilizes customer survey (NPS) results to identify areas of opportunity to improve Account Management performance as well as build and execute action plans to better meet customer expectations
- Develops multi-level Corporate contacts resulting in full participation in annual NPS survey
- Actively leads or participates in process improvement projects that impact customer
- Performs other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or comparable experience
- 5-7 years sales or customer service experience required
- 2-3 years Prior industry experience preferred
- 2-3 years CHEP sales or customer service or similar experience is a strong preference
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) at Senior corporate levels
- Must be well versed in all Portfolio Plus functions and capabilities or similar system
- Ability to quickly develop skill set needed to work on and understand advanced reconciliation tools and processes
- Advanced knowledge of Business Warehouse, SAP, MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint to perform daily job functions. Familiarity with Siebel(CRM), or similar systems a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate the CHEP value proposition to all levels both internally and externally
- Comfortable presenting at senior manager level and to groups of people.
- Working knowledge of Strategic and Situational Leadership Model
- Knowledge of customer supply chain models, logistics and use of platforms in the supply chain.
- Strong business acumen and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organized and self-motivated
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to effectively lead in a matrix organization
- Six Sigma or Lean Certification a plus
We're excited you're here to learn how we'll leverage our family of growth companies to accelerate your career. Brambles companies employ more than 14,500 people in over 60 countries, committed to connecting people to life's essentials, every day. Our people are shaping a smarter, more sustainable future by changing the way business makes, moves and sells goods in every corner of the world. We look forward to helping you become one of them. HTTPS://careers.brambles.com/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].