|Date Posted||January 12, 2019|
CHEP helps move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Its pallets, crates and containers form the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, CHEP created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. CHEP primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. CHEP employs approximately 11,000 people and owns approximately 300 million pallets, crates and containers through a network of more than 750 service centres, supporting more than 500,000 customer touch-points for global brands such as Procter & Gamble, Sysco, Kellogg’s and Nestlé. CHEP is part of the Brambles Group and operates in more than 55 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For more information on CHEP, visit www.chep.com. For information on the Brambles Group, visit www.brambles.com
As one of four Brambles growth companies, CHEP and Brambles provide you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career. You’ll be joining an international growth organisation with a pioneering, circular business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll become part of an efficient and collaborative global team making a real contribution to a smarter, more sustainable future. For more on how Brambles growth companies can accelerate your career, visit https://careers.brambles.com/
Leads Business Operations team, ensuring timely and accurate execution of requests. Drive automation & efficiencies within Business Operations for the US Pallet and CCPS businesses. This position is the process owner, representing Business Operations in cross-functional projects and process changes that impact these critical functions and developing strategy to assure alignment with future business needs and strategies.
Annual Revenue Budget: N/A
Number of Countries: 1
Number of Locations: 1
- Manages team of Specialists & Analysts, overseeing operational activities to ensure accuracy & timeliness of outputs. Acts as escalation point for customer issues to drive quick & thorough resolution.
- Establishes team KPI’s & objectives, monitors and communicates performance, addresses personnel issues and takes corrective action when necessary. Ensures culture of learning from mistakes & drives continuous improvement.
- Develops direct reports through the support of Individual Development Plans for all team members.
- Manages team inputs impacting customer invoice accuracy and completeness and escalates for resolution if necessary.
- Effectively executes on Business Operations strategy within team, supporting critical business initiatives.
- Collaborates with key cross-functional partners to deliver increasing value to internal & external customers. Works directly with IT on systems enhancements.
- Identifies opportunities for automated solutions, including BlueView, BXB and System enhancements.
- Employee satisfaction (BES EEI score)
- Turnaround of Service Requests and Activities within target SLA
- Operational KPI’s
- Quarterly Security Audit and other Brambles and 3rd party Audit performance
- Increased efficiencies through Team Productivity metric
Authority/ Decision Making
- Employee decisions (hiring, performance management)
- Spending and approval authorities per Brambles and CHEP USA authority matrix
- Systems testing business approval for all processes
- Resolution of customer problems within scope of role
- Customer Operations
- Sales Finance
- Credit and Collections
- Asset Recovery
- External Customers (limited)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience
- People leadership experience
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally for problem resolution, process improvements, and projects
- Leading and directing activities of front line personnel & successful coaching for improved performance
- SAP, Siebel, and Business Warehouse experience required
- Presenting to senior management and executives
- Financial controls and compliance
- Project leadership & change management expertise
- Use of lean and six sigma tools including process flow diagrams, value stream maps and metrics to identify & opportunities for process improvements
Skills and Knowledge
- Skilled in key software, including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Blueview development, SAP, BW, and Siebel CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations and cross-functional collaboration for all levels in the organization and strong listening and negotiation skills. Ability to translate and communicate complex and abstract issues so they can be easily understood
- Proven change management skills. Must be able to function well in a cross-functional and high-activity environment.
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and re-prioritize based on changing business and customer needs.
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to work under pressure and quickly develop and execute a plan amongst ever changing priorities
- Mentor and developer of people, who is capable of building a high performance team
- Strong decision maker, able to and comfortable with pushing back organizationally when necessary.
- Solid understanding of business process analysis techniques, process metrics, and performance measurement
- Capable of understanding technical application structures supporting their areas of expertise and of understanding the impact of technical changes on business processes (multiple applications and platforms involved).
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to drive projects that require cross-functional resources
- Strong business and financial acumen
We're excited you're here to learn how we'll leverage our family of growth companies to accelerate your career. Brambles companies employ more than 14,500 people in over 60 countries, committed to connecting people to life's essentials, every day. Our people are shaping a smarter, more sustainable future by changing the way business makes, moves and sells goods in every corner of the world. We look forward to helping you become one of them. HTTPS://careers.brambles.com/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].