|Date Posted||January 10, 2018|
Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
Primary responsibility is to support STERIS’ Mobile CSSD units in the field and during the manufacturing process. Responsible for completing installations, quarterly preventative maintenance, commission and decommission events in accordance with Customer needs and specifications. Tasks include project planning, scheduling, delivery coordination, performing technical installations, and directing subcontractors and other resources as required. Work in a matrix environment, providing direction to non-direct reports within and external to STERIS and taking direction from multiple managers.
1. Coordinate installations and commission and decommission events assigned to STERIS’s Mobile CSSD fleet. Scope begins with pre-installation walk through to Customer hand off. Perform work independently and in most cases under little to no supervision. Provide progress reports and escalated issues to Senior Director - Mobile Solutions, Product Manager, District Service Manager, Installation Project Manager, and Account Managers as necessary.
2. Provide feedback and ideas for the successful deployment of Mobile CSSD units throughout the territory based on experience with the units.
3. Responsible for all quarterly and annual maintenance activities for all deployed Mobile CSSD units. Maintain Mobile CSSD units in the field to maximize uptime and minimize down time.
4. Perform ad hoc support activities to ensure that Mobile CSSD units maintain a high level of Customer support while minimizing down time.
5. Ensure complete Customer satisfaction with all Mobile CSSD deployments. Prior to service events, verify site readiness in accordance with STERIS design documents. Verify utilities meet specifications and verify facility is adequate to meet minimum operating parameters of equipment being installed. Ensure doorways, elevators, and hallways are sufficient to transport items to project site. Document installation/utility issues identified via the pre-installation process. Verify correct and complete components have been ordered prior to shipment. Provide guidance to Customer regarding installations variances from specification. Attend construction meetings with Customers or contractors, when necessary, to discuss utilities/space requirements and establish installation timeframes. Ensure installation site is clean and prepared for turnover, ensuring full Customer satisfaction.
6. Verify that equipment delivered to the Customer site matches the order. If the order does not match, contact Mobile Solutions – Product Manager, Sales, District Service Manager, or Installation Project Manager for direction.
7. Assist with the installation of all STERIS products, including, but not limited to: rigging, uncrating, leveling, and setting product in place; utility connections; testing unit; and identifying any additional resources (i.e. technicians, sub-contractors) to assist in the installation process. Complete service documentation associated with installation activity. Perform and document start up testing.
8. Identify manpower requirements and coordinate schedule of technical resources needed for all aspects of assigned installations. This includes coordinating and directing field technicians, subcontractors, and professional trade resources. Communicate with Mobile Solutions – Product Manager, Installation Project Manager, Sales, District Service Manager, and Customer contacts to keep all parties informed. Daily communication with Mobile Solutions – Product Manager is required. Ensure timely in-service, hand off to local service technicians, and Customer satisfaction.
9. Coordinate field related activities to support mobile units during deployments. This would include field upgrades, modifications, preventative maintenance, installations, testing and balancing, ad hoc support and Customer requests.
10. Act as a liaison between the Customer and the Mobile Solutions Team to ensure that all field based activities are completed to Customer satisfaction.
Duties - cont'd
Administrative and Documentation Responsibilities: 10%
11. Responsible for asset management of all STERIS assigned equipment. Purchase and maintain tools and submits any purchases to support the Mobile CSSD to the Mobile Solutions – Product Manager.
12. Maintain courteous and professional demeanor when working with Customers, contractors, management, and fellow employees. Utilize Customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abide by all STERIS and Customer health & safety protocols and procedures.
13. If applicable, maintain accurate records in Siebel for all work performed. Close out documentation by completing any Mobile CSSD related service requests applied to the units. Complete checklists to appropriately document activities, including follow up actions required.
14. Provide documentation of work performed for all unit activities. These includes, trip reports, daily commission and decommission updates, statements of work, checklists assigned to specific work activities, images taken on site and recommendations or suggestions to improve or streamline the business.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of mechanical, electrical, or electronic technical school training preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in mechanical or electrical trade, with technical school training.
- Prefer 5-8 years technical service experience, preferably with STERIS (or similar) equipment. This experience would include working with large capital equipment, performing preventative maintenance, installations, and repair. Experience with Healthcare related mechanical/electrical, biomed, HVAC and electronics installations strongly preferred.
- Completion of mechanical, electrical, or electronic technical school training preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Must complete the STERIS SCT training program at a satisfactory level.
- Knowledge of City, State, and Federal construction or building codes.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Basic knowledge of personal computers required.
- Strong communication and Customer interaction skills. Ability to communicate professionally and articulately with Customers and work through conflicts and direct others.
- Energetic with a desire to learn and develop new skills.
- Must have working knowledge of installation processes, including but not limited to pre-installation requirements and construction (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc).
- Must have project management skills and ability to direct the work of others.
- Specific knowledge of Siebel applications and STERIS service programs preferred.
Nature of Problem Solving
• Identify issues related to utilities/ facility requirements for equipment installation and notify Customer facility personnel of deficiencies. Creative scheduling to satisfy internal and external Customers.
‘Out of box’ problem solving and independent critical thinking without the direct support of STERIS corporate resources is required while staying within the regulated limits of the STERIS environment.
• May direct Field Service Representatives or less experienced team members in installation, preventive maintenance and repair activities. May serve as the project manager for assigned installation projects.
• Ability to work within matrix environment to schedule, plan and coordinate resources required to complete installation – working around conflicts and other priorities.
• Approve subcontract costs up to set dollar limit.
• Inform Customers on installation variances from specifications. Decide on installation and equipment modifications. Escalate issues as needed to Management.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.