|Date Posted||January 11, 2019|
Title: Specialty Pharmacy, Sales Representative
Location: Milwaukee or Madison, WI
Duration & Type: Full-Time Direct Hire
Travel: Regular travel to local target customer locations, typically requiring a 1 – 2-hour drive should be expected. Overnight, out of state travel may be required based on the business needs but is not expected to exceed 25%.
Compensation: Competitive base salary & performance incentives. Access to Healthcare and Dental Insurance Plan of Choice
Chamberlain Advisors is currently seeking a Sales Representative for our direct client in the specialty pharmacy veterinary medicine industry. The Sales Representative for veterinary medicine pharmacies reports to the Regional Sales Manager and is accountable for developing and maintaining relationships with a diverse base of customers. In this highly entrepreneurial position, you will work both vertically and horizontally within customer accounts to achieve aggressive growth and revenue objectives primarily through new logo acquisition within the veterinary medicine therapeutic class. In addition to regularly calling on key offices, clinics, and accounts to generate referrals and expand current business, you will also be accountable for handling requests and inquiries from existing customers, initiating new customer contracts, and presenting product, service, and value information to customers. Finally, you’ll partner closely with various internal functions such as regional sales, marketing, finance, and executive leadership team members to develop and maintain an integrated account platform with customer organizations to fulfill the objectives of our Client’s growing specialty pharmacy businesses.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Entrepreneur & Self-starter – Desire to want to build, grow, and own the outcomes of a business’s success. Someone with a continuous improvement mindset capable of driving for results often with limited or incomplete information. Fast learner who takes initiative to learn quickly and runs with what information is available vs. waiting to be told what to do next.
- Business Acumen – Strong awareness to and understanding of the revenue opportunities within the sales funnel and managing time and effort accordingly to reach revenue targets. Someone who understands that they will be operating under a finite amount of time and resources, and that each activity is a cost to the business and ROI. Effectively utilizes available information as decision support to prioritize work and ensure activities being completed are the most effective and profitable use of time.
- Sales Skills / Persuasiveness – Demonstrated experience and history of success in direct customer sales. Must have the ability and skills to work with direct customers to open, enhance, probe, close, and executive. Leverage these to get customers to listen, provide positive feedback and responses, and ultimately get customers to take favorable action.
- Interpersonal Communication skills – Candidates who have demonstrated ability the ability to clearly and concisely communicate, both oral and written, at all levels within an organization. Candidates who listen first, then quickly assess and understand the specific communication needs of their audience, ranging from limited to no education to the highly educated, adjusting their communication style and approach to ensure understanding and comprehension. Must be socially aware of environment, audience, and other situational variables and adjust communication style and approach to meet the communication needs of that unique situation.
- Planning & Organization – Demonstrated ability to stay organized and focused on the highest priorities of the organization within quickly changing, and fast paced environments. Effectively leverages a formal sales planning process to keep workflow and activities such as customer presentations, sales materials, budgeting & finance, and administrative requirements, organized to meet organizational objectives.
- Preservice – Candidates with a demonstrated ability to stay course and overcome challenges, despite the obstacles, difficulties, or setbacks they encounter along the way. Candidates capable of repeatably doing the same task over an extended period of time.
Why Join Right Now?
It was recently announced that a significant investment in our Client was made through a private equity company with a strong track record of success, which will help fund our Client’s next phase of growth as it looks to acquire additional specialty pharmacies across the country.
With this investment comes a great opportunity to rapidly enter new customer segments, and improve the service offering and value provided to existing customers. In this highly entrepreneurial position you will work to achieve aggressive growth and revenue objectives, as well as participate in building from the ground up the sales systems, tools, processes, procedures, and controls that create efficiencies and value across all operations in the organization.
What You’ll Be Accountable For:
Account Management & Business Development (75%)
- Develops and regularly reviews a formal sales planning process to keep workflow and activities such as customer presentations, sales materials, budgeting & finance, and administrative requirements, organized to meet organizational objectives and national account expectations.
- Serves as an expert and provides a high level of expertise and customer service for all assigned accounts.
- Regularly arranges meetings with key decision makers at customer accounts to deepen relationships both vertically and horizontally (3x3), ensuring access to opportunities.
- Handle requests and inquiries from organizations and provides product, service, and price information to contract new and expand current business.
- Participates in regular monthly meetings with Regional and National Account Managers to discuss key accounts, and how to maximize contract performance, while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
- Ensures local customer accounts are achieving their maximum account potential from a profitability perspective.
- Proactively look for ways to better service customers or provide options that expand account coverage while resolving customer pains.
- Monitor incoming orders and ensure they are filled.
- Investigate and resolve queries and issues raised by accounts.
- Partners with Marketing Manager to show value and outcomes beyond price concessions, by ensuring client relationships understand the financial impact, capabilities, service offerings, and key company differentiators that create a win-win outcome.
- Conducts regular account reviews ensuring alignment to messaging, value proposition, and market positioning so that effective marketing and use of resources create pull-through opportunities.
- Positions a clear and concise approach to complex contracts often requiring multiple stakeholder buy-in. Shows value and outcomes beyond price concessions, by ensuring client relationships understand the financial impact, capabilities, service offerings, and key company differentiators that create a win-win outcome.
- Initiates new organizational contacts, explain product, services, and features, and answer any questions to develop new contractual business relationships.
- Develop strong networks, and Increase “share of voice & influence” through active involvement in industry relevant societies, associations, national conferences, and trade groups.
- Stays organized and focused on the highest priorities of the organization within quickly changing, and fast paced customer environments.
- Addresses and handles advancing priorities against the ones originally planned.
Sales Administration & Compliance (25%)
- Contract Management, negotiation of terms & conditions that create a win-win partnership with customers.
- New customer Onboarding, contracts.
- Reporting, analysis, and decision support to support current and future sales planning.
- Schedules & Marketing materials development.
What Qualifications You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 – 4 years of experience, preferably in an outside sales position.
- Previous experience and knowledge of Veterinary Medicine, Specialty Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical or relevant Healthcare sales experience desired.
- Candidates must be highly accountable and self-motivated capable of working remotely / from home and collaborating with team members located all across the united states.
- Outgoing and likable personality, well dressed and presentable grooming habits
- Resilience and persistence, Detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Confident and authoritative speaker, Strong presentation skills
- Fact finding, and problem-solving skills are required, must be dependable and able to act with discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated history of success as an independent contributor, and experience partnering and collaborating closely with internal functions such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Executive leadership.
- Self-starter requiring low supervision when managing national accounts, selling the services and capabilities of the pharmacies within the portfolio.
- Highly accountable individuals who hold themselves responsible for developing and executing on sales plans and objectives that achieve corporate growth targets.
- Someone who puts themselves in a position to sell every day, willing to make high volumes of outbound calls, gets out when it rains and snows, and overcomes obstacles to meet objectives.
- Experience working with a mid-market or enterprise sales automation systems, such as Siebel, Salesforce, or Microsoft Dynamics CRM, deal tracking software, expense and other data reporting, business intelligence, or decision support tools are desired.
- Possesses a continuous learning mindset and regularly seeks out feedback, coaching and counseling in an effort to learn and improve.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, vision and core values by training and providing direction to others in their use and application.
- Intermediate to advanced level of skill in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to be able to accurately and efficiently manipulate large amounts of data, develop professional power point slides, and write professional business documents.
About the Client
Our client specializes in providing medication and care in the fertility, veterinary and hemophilia segments as an owner and operator of specialty and compounding pharmacies, and home infusion providers licensed across the United States.
Why Work with Chamberlain?
Chamberlain Advisors is a veteran-owned business that provides human capital solutions through contract, contract-to-hire, direct-hire, and retained-search opportunities. Chamberlain candidates benefit from our unique hiring and interviewing process which has been designed to increase the likelihood that they will be successful in their job searches. This is achieved through our 5-step recruitment process, ensuring a top-of-the-line candidate experience. Find out what makes us different; apply to Chamberlain today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Chamberlain Advisors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Chamberlain Advisors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Chamberlain Advisors expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Chamberlain Advisors' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.