|Location||Radnor Township, PA|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2018|
The Sr Applications Developer, Salesforce will act as developer for one of VWR’s application development and support teams. This includes work on design and development of system components (Sales Force), implementation of technology standards, hands-on software development and support. Salesforce with SAP XI/PI integration knowledge is necessary to be successful in this position.
- Develop screens and reports to support VWR specific functions based on standard Salesforce building blocks.
- Design, build and implement enhancements to Salesforce.com leveraging existing solution
- Contribute to the overall configuration, design and layout of theSalesforce.com system architecture
- Ensure standard Salesforce.com functionality and use custom programming as needed
- Setup test environments to verify configuration and coding.
- Create load utilities for operational and project use and assist in the preparation of workshops to demonstrate new developments.
- Interpret functional requirements and development of programs according to specifications.
- Work closely with Business Analysts to ensure accuracy and completeness of functional specifications. Provide assistance to the Business Analyst with the analysis of code change requests.
- Design, develop, and expose Sales Force objects.
- Develop and deploy SAP interfaces with external enterprise systems.
- Development, execution, and documentation of unit test procedures.
- Assist in system, integration, performance and user acceptance testing.
Experience & Skills:
- Thorough understanding of architecture of Sales force, SAP XI/PI and integration between them.
- Understanding of data quality issues and ability to recommend best practices for ensuring/validating data quality
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in terms understandable to the business
- Knowledge or participation in full lifecycle of SAP implementations
- Knowledge of SAP best practices and SAP Implementation Methodology
- Good understanding of the integration points across SAP modules
- Understanding of software development life cycle.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong technical analysis skills for creating optimal solutions for the business
- Effective written, oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking stressful environment, working independently and prioritizing work
- Must have strong teamwork skills and the ability to develop working relationships
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of management as well as to employees in the business
- Must be highly motivated, have a great work ethic and enjoy working as part of a team
- BS/BA in Information Systems, or relevant work experience, required
- 5-7+ years applicable experience
- 5+ years experience with Sales force system development and full life cycle implementation (Defining key business processes, application architecture, data modeling, requirements analysis, design, development & support)
- Experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement desirable
- Experience in Java to write web services
- Experience with Salesforce toolsets (Force IDE, Data Loader, Workbench, Ant)
- Experience in Salesforce and SAP XI/PI integration/mapping
- Salesforce.com training, Certification a plus
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis. Some overnight travel to sales meetings vendors may be required.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
Acquired by Avantor in 2017 as a wholly-owned subsidiary, VWR serves as a leading global provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. The combined company is a trusted end-to-end partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million branded and manufactured products, we enable customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world. For more information visit www.settingscienceinmotion.com or vwr.com.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .
Job Posting Date: 2018-03-01