|Location||Iowa City, IA|
|Date Posted||December 5, 2017|
ACT is a nonprofit organization helping people achieve educational and workplace success. Our programs are designed to boost lifelong learning in schools and workplaces around the world. Whether it's guiding students along their learning paths, enabling companies to develop their workforce, fostering parent, teacher, and counselor understanding of student progress, guiding job seekers toward career success, or informing policymakers about education and workforce issues. ACT is passionate about making a difference in all we do.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Senior SalesForce Administrator is responsible for analyzing business problems, interacting directly with internal customers, capturing and documenting business requirements, maintaining use cases/business process flows, developing and executing system test cases, and providing application training to internal customers as necessary. This position will work across the organization.
Typical work related activities include:
- Maintain user roles and profiles, passwords, security settings, sharing rules, etc.
- Create and manage custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, custom workflows, process builder, and approval processes
- Design, document, build, test and deploy enhancements to Salesforce
- Create custom report types, custom reports, and dashboards
- Participate in user requirement sessions and document user requirements to address changing business needs
- Support third party solutions like Apttus, Conga, LiveAgent, Cvent, Informatica and various others found on the Salesforce AppExchange
- Participate in the Agile development process
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area required, preferably in Computer Science
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification required
- Five years of experience in Information Technology or Salesforce related experience
- Experience in a system administrator role delivering solutions to real customer problems, preferably with an emphasis on sales, customer service, and/or marketing issues
- Experience evaluating new Salesforce apps and developing plans for their implementation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of business process, logic, and data to solve complex problems
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables and to identify and implement process improvements
- Demonstrated performance collaborating with Sales, Support, and Marketing teams to effectively utilize Salesforce.com
- Ability to lead Salesforce related projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to research and resolve complex problems working individually and within teams
Starting salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits and work environment.
Completion of the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate is recommended. Find a testing site near you to register for the WorkKeys assessments. Finalists for this position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as a condition of employment.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACT values diversity in people and ideas and participates in E-verify. ACT's online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.