|Date Posted||March 10, 2018|
POSITION TITLE: SERVICE PLANNER
REPORTS TO: SERVICE MANAGER or BRANCH MANAGER
Planned-based service execution:
- Handle planned activities, e.g. planned repairs, retrofits, and on-call activities.
- Define material requirements for each service request, both planned and on-call.
- Arrange sub-contracted services and equipment, including rentals. Schedule and dispatch field operatives.
- Generate service requests (SR) and work packages (WP) and assign to field operatives.
- Trigger the need for requisition/purchase in Siebel. Verify that Siebel PO request is submitted to SAP without errors.
- Review job costs such as labor, expense and materials. Review charge lines of completed work before sending to invoice. Maintain the service schedule for all sold work.
- Plan/assign/manage field labor hours to maximize profitability and productivity (direct labor average) at or above budgeted minimums without compromising safety or quality. Maintain open orders on the dispatch board.
- Assist technicians with identification of required repair parts. Procure required materials, parts, equipment and subcontract labor for work assignments.
- Process related paperwork upon completion of work assignments and within the accounting month that the work was performed.
- Process Purchase Requests through the system using established guidelines.
- Review performance of service jobs to ensure quotations accurately project labor hours, travel costs, rental costs, procured items, etc.
- Analyze and report to management any significant deviations from original job plans or scope of work changes.
- Provide supervisory support to technicians. Provide information and assistance on any disciplinary issues and document actions, with guidance from the Service Manager or higher level management.
- Arrange for technical guidance to customers and technicians and facilitate contact with appropriate resources to support the need.
- Facilitate the Operative Quoting process for leads brought in by the Field Operatives. Take appropriate action to ensure leads are quoted in a timely fashion or forward leads to other designated resources, for estimation and quotation, if required.
- Resolve customer complaints, within established guidelines, to the satisfaction of the customer and in the best interest of the company. Any unresolved issues should be quickly elevated to the next level of management for prompt resolution.
- Collect warranty information, monitor and report any potential warranty or credit requests to the Service or Operations Manager prior to authorizing work. Communicate status with customer and authorize work, as appropriate, following established guidelines.
- Provide leadership in safe work practices by participating in monthly safety meetings and when necessary delivering the meeting material.
- Organize, document and report monthly safety meetings. Maintain and provide all safety-related documentation, per company guidelines.
- Assist the Branch/Service Manager and the District Operations Manager in establishing training needs and requirements for all Service Technicians in the branch.
- Review and approve technicians' time tickets as submitted daily for completeness, accuracy, allocation to the correct job numbers and compliance with company policy.
- Monitor and coordinate the maintenance of company equipment and assets to ensure they are in proper condition and good working order.
- Assist the Branch Service Manager or Branch Manager with conducting spot inspections and audits of the service technicians' equipment and vehicles and record the results.
- Perform invoicing preparation on a daily basis to meet company standards and continuously maintain the open orders report ensuring that the open orders report reflects the current status of active service work.
- Ensure 24-hour response is available or negotiate other agreeable actions with customers.
- Monitor the credit control list and assist in collection efforts of problem accounts, as needed. Consult Branch Manager prior to delivery of services or materials to accounts outstanding for over 60 days.
- Responsible for all miscellaneous activities within the branch such as shipping/receiving, shop cleanliness, walk-ins for parts, equipment/building maintenance, answering phones.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all company issued equipment, vehicles and assets in a safe manner. Notify management of any deficiencies or equipment in need of repair.Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category