|Date Posted||January 9, 2018|
The Solutions Architect Lead is a member of the architecture team and maintains the architecture (and related artifacts) for a related set of applications and systems, which together comprise a program. The Solutions Architect is responsible for leading collaboration with Business and IT Stakeholders throughout the organization in order to design solution architectures that deliver the required business capabilities while being aligned to Sherwin-Williams business and technology strategies. This role specifically is responsible for the assets related to the Global Sales ecosystem of applications and systems, including Salesforce.
This position translates business capabilities/requirements into specific business, application, information, and technology architectures to deliver business value. The incumbent will need to build relationships with key business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise; be highly collaborative; drive communication to the business, architecture, and software delivery teams; and apply analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify and solve systems problems.
An effective Solutions Architect will have a broad range of technical knowledge and will deliver solution architectures across multiple projects, as well as consultative technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making to project planning to architectural governance and oversight. This position will work closely with others to grow their base of knowledge, but also share their knowledge with the business and IT teams via collaborative meetings, documentation, and formal presentations.
Strategy & Planning
- Provide strategic, technical and operational expertise and leadership in support of business and technology transformational activities.
- Contribute to technology strategy and planning; lead research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts; recommend introduction of technologies, new features, or other non-functional requirements for implementation that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Develop and foster relationships with the divisional and business unit subject matter experts.
- Confer with stakeholders to define business requirements for complex systems development – from both functional and non-functional perspectives (i.e. concept of operations, performance, test, cost, schedule, training, support and disposal).
- Promote synergies and reuse within and across projects and programs in order to maximize rapid yet responsible delivery of business value, as well as championing architectural principles and strategies.
- Work with Technical Domain and Enterprise Architects to develop comprehensive solutions architecture.
- Communicate the Solution Architectures to senior management, business, architecture, and development teams through deliverables, presentations, training and other appropriate means and forums.
- Coach, mentor and support system development teams in implementing reference architectures and standards.
- Steer Program use of Integration, partnering with SOA CoE/Integration Competency Center to strategically suggest Services and Integrations to realize reliable business value.
- Steer Program use of Application Security, partnering with Application Security team to identify and support Delivery Teams' realization of requirements in the security space.
- Stay current on emerging design patterns, software development or infrastructure concepts and industry best practices.
- Serve as a bridge between highly technical and highly business-focused teams, facilitating understanding and brokering agreements to shared goals through collaboration.
- Provide technical oversight for multiple project initiatives.
- Lead technology life-cycle projects including technology evaluation, selection, implementation, support and retirement/replacement.
- Evaluate alternative architectures with respect to their feasibility as well as composition (people, hardware, software, facilities, policies, documents, risks and cost), and make recommendations.
- Develop prototypes of system designs, working with Technical Architects and Delivery Teams, to prove viability where necessary.
- Assist in the creation of enterprise-wide technology standards.
- Document architectural designs and standards for implemented solutions.
- Create and maintain reference architectures, systems models, use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models to provide architectural expertise, direction, and guidance to IT delivery teams.
- Validate the architecture’s compliance to the requirements and verify the system’s compliance to the architecture.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce system standards and solutions review processes.
- Mentor and/or provide guidance to all members of the team.
- Support risk identification and mitigation process and provide issue management. recommendations as required.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and other business/technical entities.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel is required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.