|Location||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Date Posted||September 22, 2018|
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, mail, internet request or in person. Identify owner reservation needs, check availability of owner occupy reservations, and find alternative dates or accommodations if needed. Verify all reservation information with callers to ensure accuracy and explain guarantee and cancellation policies. Answer owner questions about property facilities, services, and surrounding areas. Provide assistance to owners with additional travel plans and vacation ownership usage options. Resolve owner service recovery issues (e.g., complaints, reservation errors). Input and access data in computerized systems by entering correct information into proper fields. Perform quality checks to balance and address red flags in the reservation systems.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
Working with Others
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Verify all reservation information with callers to ensure accuracy.
- Check availability of owner occupy reservations, including finding alternative dates if first choice is not available.
- Obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations for owners with reservations when the reserved property cannot accommodate them.
- Identify owner reservation needs by asking open-ended questions to obtain all necessary information.
- Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, mail, internet request or in person.
- Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers.
- Answer owner questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, rates and room types, property amenities and services).
- Input and access data in reservation system by entering correct information into proper fields.
- Assist owners with additional vacation ownership usage options, such as deposit with Interval International, trading for Marriott Rewards points, and Marriott list-for-rent program.
- Follow empowerment guidelines and proper escalation procedures to resolve owner service recovery issues (e.g., complaints, reservation errors).
- Contact appropriate individual or department, and ensure a warm hand-off of owner as necessary to resolve owner call, request, or problem.
- Overcome potential owner objections while maintaining a polite and enthusiastic demeanor.
- Perform quality checks to balance the reservation systems, such as checking that the reservation systems match each other, and addressing all red flags in the reservation systems.
- Document pertinent information in Siebel, including owner history, preferences, issues, and concerns.
- Access owner history records through computerized systems (e.g., OSCAR, GRS, Siebel) to best service owners.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience
- Less than 1 year related work experience
- No supervisory experience is required
Marriott Vacation Club Owner Services Salt Lake City Call Center currently has openings for Sr. Vacation Ownership Advisors located at 310 Bearcat Drive.
The Call Center is currently open Monday -- Saturday.
- Monday - Friday 6:50 a.m. - 6:20 p.m.**
- Saturday- 6:50 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.**
- Receive inbound calls
- $13.00 per hour starting pay
- $13.50 after 90 days
- Initial training is Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Work from home positions available upon successful completion of training and 90-days in position. Must live within one hour of the Center.
- Opportunity to earn incentive pay
The training class begins November 5, 2018. If November 5th doesn't work, please watch www.MVWcareers.com for future hiring efforts.
** Those working the closing shift may be required to stay until the phone lines are cleared and all customers have been helped.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.