|Date Posted||June 25, 2019|
About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
Empire Today’s Finance/Accounting/Payroll/Tax teams supports the back office functions of the organization. This includes payroll, cash management, cash collections, cash payment, tax, procurement and inventory. This function is vital to the operation which supports the continued success of Empire Today.
The Service Request Specialist is responsible for the daily A/R functions for Service Requests and supports all Empire markets.
- Post credit card, ACH and primary financing payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Research and correct all credit card payment issues.
- Complete assigned service requests daily and ensure all are closed within the required timeframe.
- Process customer refund checks and accommodation requests daily.
- Work with A/P department on manual check requests. Upon receipt of check verify accuracy, process and mail.
- Research and trace problematic or aged customer refund checks.
- Process stop payments on refund checks that are reported lost or stolen. Reissue checks as needed.
- Work with Debt Recovery Specialist to ensure that stop payments are immediately processed on any refund checks issued to customers with payments returned by the bank as unpaid (NSF, stop payment, or other reason).
- Verify all outstanding refund payments and stop payment requests are completed by month end.
- Additional duties as necessary or assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- High school diploma or GED. Associates’ Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Working knowledge of Siebel, EMS POS and/or Paymentech preferred.
- Good knowledge of MS Word and Outlook.
- Ability to create, manipulate and utilize spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel.
- High degree of organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to identify and correct errors.
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.