|Date Posted||October 20, 2019|
The Application Engineer (AE) is responsible for providing technical advice and support to the sales team and customer team in order to develop, sell and successfully implement Trelleborg product, capabilities or service solutions that will meet the customer’s needs.
The AE will analyze the customer's technical needs, incorporate the commercial needs, in order to develop proposals, with the support of Trelleborg factory and engineering support groups, outlining how the organization’s products and services can meet these needs and be integrated and implemented with the customers new and existing systems and equipment.
Pre-sales activities include gathering of data, analyzing customers' application, technical and commercial needs and recommending solutions. Proposals can include preparation of the associated engineering drawings or 3D CAD models, explanations of proper implementation and installation techniques, presentations of research and findings, and personal communication with customer team. Post-sales activities include analyzing seal failures, installation issues, hardware issues, overall system failures, and resolving problems and issues utilizing Trelleborg systems, procedures and resources.
The AE is responsible for building relationships across all levels of engineering departments within existing customers and prospective target accounts to generate new business opportunities.
The primary function of the Application Engineer (AE) position is to provide technical advice and proposals to the sales team and customer team in order to develop, sell and successfully implement the Trelleborg product, capabilities and service solutions.
- Collect and analyze information from customers to understand their business and their technical needs and expectations.
- Develop technical proposals to show how Trelleborg’s products and services can meet customer needs and be integrated and implemented with the customers existing systems and equipment and/or suggest changes needed in order to integrate the solution.
- Develop and deliver technical sales presentations and respond to technical questions regarding Trelleborgs products, services, and capabilities.
- Create or edit existing Trelleborg or Customer prints thru the use of NX, Adobe Pro, and other image editing software.
- Manage technical prints and documents, routing and storage, by utilizing Teamcenter.
- Communicate and collaborate with Trelleborg factory and 3rd party factory engineers, and Trelleborg R&D, Central Product Engineering, Product Managers, and Segment Managers to ensure the appropriate solutions are offered.
- Respond to customers questions and troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve technical problems that arise during or after implementation of Trelleborg solutions.
- Train Customers on the features, advantages, and benefits of the product and/or service they have or are interested in purchasing.
- Assist in achieving Sales Growth: Achieve Sales Target. Strive for 10%+ year over year growth.
- Assist in achieving Profitability Goals: Achieve Profit Target. Strive for 10%+ year over year growth.
- Process and manage engineering projects in a timely manner with a focus on project cycle velocity and project conversion.
- Filter and prioritize projects to ensure achievability according to business strategy.
- Understand and incorporate the commercial aspects (target budget/sales price) of the project when developing and providing proposals and solutions.
- Track, monitor and work to improve project win rate. Utilize CRM for all project information.
- Conduct joint sales visits with Sales Engineers.
- Visit existing and new strategic customers with the focus being Total Customer Satisfaction and Generation and Conversion of Projects for Sales Growth.
- Build customer relationships and strategic partnerships, assess customer needs and recommend appropriate product and service solutions; respond to complex customer inquiries. Utilize Trelleborg resources where appropriate and needed.
- Provide market feedback and intelligence for use by local MC, Marketing Department, Segment/Product/Lead Group personnel
- Promote standard products, and custom engineered products where needed. Be a total solution provider.
- Perform in-house product and technical trainings.
- Complete month end report and key performance metrics progress report. Including but not limited to: EAR projects, Project win rates, Project cycle and velocity, competitor activity, and changing market conditions.
- Learn and utilize internal processes: CRM, JDE, GPS, Consense, Quality, ISO.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure that customer projects, quotations and orders are processed efficiently, correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure full compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures including Quality Manual and Quality Procedures.
- Develop cross training and work instructions for internal and customer specific tasks.
- Represent the MC in cross-functional teams and projects.
- Assist the MC with quality related issues.
- Assist in Information Technology (IT) efforts, looking for areas of improvement
- Provide proactive communication, analysis and problem solving
- Provide innovative solutions and continuous improvements
- Work with the right sense of urgency: Response times, flexibility and accuracy
- Assist GM in management reviews, business reviews and business plans
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times when dealing with customers.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years work experience in engineering related field
- Minimum of 4 Year College Engineering degree. (Mechanical or Technical preferred)
- Strong Mechanical and Technical aptitude.
- Strong understanding of technical prints and terminology.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of thermoplastic and elastomeric materials, sealing and bearings are beneficial.
- Application knowledge within specified market segments such as Fluid Power, Life Sciences, Food, Bev, Water, Off-Highway/Construction, Oil and Gas, Automotive, and Aerospace is beneficial.
- Familiarity with ISO quality requirements is beneficial.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude
- Proven proficiency and capabilities with 3D solid modeling software
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage projects with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong customer focus and understanding of total customer satisfaction
- Strong understanding of the commercial side of the business and how it affects business decisions and solutions
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people and relationship building skills
- Customer driven with a positive, professional, can-do attitude
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proven proficiency and experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven proficiency and experience in the use of business operational software (CRM, Oracle JDE, SAP)
- Travel - 20%
Last application date
Who to contact
External Applicants: https://careers-trelleborg.icims.com
Internal Employees: https://internal-trelleborg.icims.com