|Date Posted||November 13, 2020|
Empire Today’s Information Technology team is charged with establishing, monitoring and maintaining information technology systems, and services. Our IT strategy is key in establishing a competitive advantage over any competition and the continued success of Empire Today.
The Application Support Analyst provides support for a variety of applications for end users across all levels of the organization. This position troubleshoots applications based on a Windows 8 platform and is responsible for assisting in the improvement of applications and training programs.
- Provide daily phone and onsite support to internal users and external contractors.
- Log and monitor all support requests in Siebel ticket tracking system. Provide weekly reports on all tickets and status of resolutions.
- Analyze and measure software issues to determine root causes and implement technical and training resolutions to minimize reoccurrences.
- Provide assistance as required with user account management, software installation, upgrades and training to contractors.
- Identify and facilitate escalations to Development team for application defects and troubleshooting.
- Work with Developers to identify and validate resolutions.
- Support rollouts for new applications.
- Provide weekly reporting on ticket and resolution status.
- Test releases, updates, and enhancements to business systems and assist with user installation and collecting sign offs.
- Mentor and train other technical staff.
- Maintain current application support documentation, including daily operational tasks, upgrade procedures, and troubleshooting guide.
- Ensure support coverage of business critical issues during agreed upon service hours, up to and including off hours and on-call responsibility.
- Requires travel up to 25% to 50% of the time.
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- High school diploma/GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical degree preferred
- Proficient working in a Windows 8 environment.
- Experience with Siebel a plus.
- Familiarity with setting up hardware a plus.
- Ability to prioritize support requests based on standard procedures.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally in person, via email, and over the phone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills combined with excellent ability to interact with end users to establish problem identification and resolution explanation.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently within established policies and procedures with a strong desire to succeed.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team.
- Solid judgment skills.
- Strong project management skills.
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- 401K Investment Plan to A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies. By pressing apply and providing your telephone number and email address, you authorize Empire Today to contact you by email or telephone at the wireless or landline phone number provided using automated phone technology and/or text messaging. Message and data charges may apply. You may revoke consent at any time.