|Date Posted||October 8, 2019|
Under the direction of the Global Applications Manager the Applications DBA is responsible to monitor the performance and provide ongoing enhancements and optimization of Oracle databases. Must collaborate with business and technology teams and support solutions meeting the business and technology goals/strategy. Install new database versions, upgrades, and patches. Maintain, tune, and support development, testing, and production databases. Troubleshoot development, testing, and production database errors and issues. Enhance Oracle database performance by using performance tools and optimizing instance performance
- Backup and Recovery - Ensure that consistent and reliable database backups are taken at regularly scheduled intervals. This includes developing procedures and making recommendations to management as to the best way of maintaining a recoverable database.
- Disaster Recovery - Design and implement a fully functional and reliable Disaster Recovery strategy to recover all the key ERP systems and databases with in a preset business SLA’s.
- Production Monitoring - Monitor activity on the Oracle Database to ensure optimal performance for the enterprise application software.
- Data Integrity - Control access to production databases. This responsibility includes evaluating database bound objects to prevent corruption to enterprise data.
- Test Systems - Provide test and development databases and application layers in support of application development. This includes providing timely restores of corrupted data and refreshing test and development databases with production data.
- New Environments and Upgrades - Install and configure new instances of Oracle Databases, Oracle Applications and Oracle Tools as needed to support ongoing development. This includes upgrading the enterprise databases and applications to more current releases.
- Data Modeling - Provide assistance to the development staff in regards to database design and data modeling. This would include the creation of entity relationship diagrams and planning for the use of indexes and other database objects for efficient data access.
- Performance Tuning - Provide assistance to the developers to performance tune custom code as well as purchased application code. The DBA must be well versed in all aspects of performance tuning in an Oracle Database.
- Network Administration - Install and configure network administration software (SQLNET) and provide access to enterprise data from local and remote locations.
- Planning - Capacity plan and evaluate database and application usage for future expansion needs.
· Performs other duties as assigned.