|Date Posted||January 22, 2021|
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organization on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely.
As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries.
The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER, SALES OPERATIONS
This position will be responsible for technical application development and maintenance across several platforms in support of the US and global CHEP business and over 500 users.
The group primarily leverages Qlikview, SQL, and Power BI, but must also be comfortable in VBA and Python and new tool exploration. Tools developed to support the larger commercial and finance organizations to drive new business and support customer retention, along with the delivery of other key business objectives.
Key responsibilities include: application development, system/software training, server support and maintenance, programming, database administration, reviewing system software infrastructures, and improvements to the code writing and applications design.
This role requires superior technical and programming skills, a strong ability to interface productively with non-technical stakeholders, and an aptitude to self-manage projects with high degrees of ambiguity and minimal supervision.
• Responsible for leading all aspects of technical design, development, and deployment for the CHEP commercial Business Intelligence (BI) applications, primarily Qlikview
• Provide technical expertise within the BI applications to include; Application Administration; Technical Design; Configuration/Customization; Data Migration/Conversion; Interfaces; Defect resolution; Deployment and support
• Lead design/code reviews with technical team members per development guidelines
• Own the full development life-cycle with minimal supervision on day-to-day aspects of creation
• Analyze/diagnose data quality or system deficiency issues to provide options for resolution; Evaluating and increasing program effectiveness
• Support system administration, monitoring, security and server maintenance for BI application environments, primarily Qlikview
• Provide leadership in the development of technical skills in others through active knowledge sharing/mentoring
• Design, develop, and test data loading scripts to ensure accurate and comprehensive data are pulled from enterprise systems into BI platforms, primarily QlikView and SQL Server
• Manage all aspects of the design, development and implementation of multiple platforms and applications
• Directly interface and manage stakeholders within various parts of the business to ensure optimal use of development resources for largest business
• Extracting, transforming and loading data from multiple sources into QlikView applications from SAP, BW, Siebel, SQL Server, Access, Excel and other sources
• Translate software requirements into workable programming code and maintain and develop programs for use in business
• Leading a team, which may be established purely for a particular project, to write a specific section of the program
• Provide leadership to Sr. Analysts within the team, including the direction in support of individual projects
• Responsible for delivering projects on time and meeting business requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent discipline
• 3 - 5 years of experience in programming, analytics, business intelligence, or equivalent
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Extensive experience with Qlikview or QlikSense
• SQL Server – SQL, SSIS, & SSMS
• Windows Server 2017/2008
• Advanced proficiency in Excel, BW, SAP, Access
Desired skills and knowledge:
• AJAX, HTML, XML
• VBA & VB Script
• PL SQL Developer
• Apache Tomcat Server
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].