|Location||Las Vegas, NV|
|Date Posted||November 12, 2020|
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Billing Representatives are responsible for ongoing account maintenance, data entry of enrollment applications, review and reconciliation of premium billing invoices and provide superior customer service to internal / external clients.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 2716 N TENAYA WAY, Las Vegas, NV.
We offer 3 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday -Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources
Page at: https: https://info.uhg.com/
- Research and resolve enrollment, eligibility and billing discrepancies on premium invoices
- Educate customers on payment options, billing information, payment addresses, invoice due dates and clarify information contained on premium invoices and electronic services
- Contact external customers regarding outstanding balances and required payments
- Reconcile discrepancies identified within customer invoices and ensure aging balances on accounts are being resolved in a timely manner
- Analyze reports against existing billing data and make appropriate changes to ensure billing accuracy
- Review rates from the Underwriting, Sales and Implementation departments to ensure accuracy before entering rates into applicable systems
- Monitor customer account balances through researching, generating data queries and creating reports such as member audits and bills issued vs. bills paid reports
- Coordinate with internal partners to validate and process rates and contract information to ensure they are updated accurately
- Utilize multiple reports to research, resolve, and ensure the accuracy of enrollment eligibility
- Analyze reports against existing billing / commission data and make appropriate changes to ensure accurate statement information
- Account payable (A / P) and Accounts Receivable (A / R)
- Ability to remain focused and productive with changing priorities and repetitive tasks
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience with account reconciliation
- Healthcare background / experience
- Customer Service experience
- Data entry experience
- Experience explaining billing and / or reconciliation of discrepancies
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (sorting & filtering data), Microsoft Word (creating & editing documents) and Microsoft Outlook (emailing & calendaring)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Experience with Facets platform and 834 membership files
- Siebel program experience
- Bilingual (Spanish / English)
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Taking care of business at UnitedHealth Group translates to more meaning and impact as you help improve the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: UnitedHealth Group, Billing Representative, Account Reconciliation, Data Entry, hiring immediately