|Date Posted||January 12, 2021|
Vallen’s Data Solutions Analyst II is an individual contributor position responsible for performing general analytics and statistical modeling on existing data sets for various products and processes. This position targets specific areas of opportunity and process improvement by identifying areas for increase efficiency and automation of the data analysis processes. The Data Solutions Analyst II examines and identifies data patterns and trends to help answer business questions and improve decision making. They collaborate with the Business and Information Technology teams to develop and submit data on both a regular and ad hoc basis. The Analyst uses data mining and complex data science processes to ensure data is accurately moved into targeted platforms. They gather and identify specific parameters and requirements necessary for customer compliance and business objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide data-driven solutions to solve complex business problems leveraging business analytics tools & techniques, including Oracle SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Data Integrator, Stibo (STEP), Power BI, IBM Cognos and R Programming.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define data collection and requirements and establish clear business understanding to provide effective analysis and process automation. Work with key stakeholders in different functions to align and consolidate key operational performance metrics.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and accelerate business growth by supporting the Supply Chain and Business Technology Groups within Vallen.
- Compile and mine data from a wide variety of data repositories such as CRM, Work Management, ERP, Data Warehouse and BI Applications. Validate data accuracy and confirm data quality to ensure consistent use across the business. Develop new modeling techniques and tools for analytics and reporting.
- Promotes and consults on data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure master data integrity across the operation of systems are consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- Design and execute analytic projects; generate insights to support business decisions using advanced analytical techniques.
- Translate quantitative analyses and findings into visuals for non-technical audiences. Provide clear interpretation of the data to effectively communicate findings and insights to senior executives, managers and key stakeholders.
- Assists in the application and implementation procedures of data standards and guidelines on data ownership, coding structures, and data replication to ensure access to and integrity of data sets.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field coupled with 5+ years work experience. Associate and 7+ years work experience
Relevant experience should include:
- Experience and skill with data mining techniques such as classification, association, clustering, outlier detection, regression analysis, predictive modeling, anomaly detection and pattern tracking.
- Specialized knowledge in pattern extrapolation and discovering new knowledge from the data to influence business decision.
- Proficient with database query/management (local and SQL), Oracle, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and various forms of ELT tools and/or applications.
- Experience working with inventory management/product data, tools, and applications.
- Experience using Stibo (STEP), Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle SQL Developer, Power BI, SmartSheet and Microsoft SharePoint is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and with little supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- Long periods of time working on a computer and performing repetitive key-boarding activities.
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand and may include little to no advanced notice.
- While performing the duties of this job, associates are regularly required to sit and stand.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.