|Date Posted||January 18, 2020|
Could you be our next Data Solutions Analyst?
Vallen’s Data Solutions Analyst II is an individual contributor position responsible for performing general analytics and statistical modeling on existing data sets for various products and processes. This position targets specific areas of opportunity and process improvement by identifying areas for increase efficiency and automation of the data analysis processes. The Data Solutions Analyst II examines and identifies data patterns and trends to help answer business questions and improve decision making. They collaborate with the Business and Information Technology teams to develop and submit data on both a regular and ad hoc basis. The Analyst uses data mining and complex data science processes to ensure data is accurately moved into targeted platforms. They gather and identify specific parameters and requirements necessary for customer compliance and business objectives.
- Provide data-driven solutions to solve complex business problems leveraging business analytics tools & techniques, including Oracle SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Data Integrator, Stibo (STEP), Power BI, IBM Cognos and R Programming.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define data collection and requirements and establish clear business understanding to provide effective analysis and process automation. Work with key stakeholders in different functions to align and consolidate key operational performance metrics.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and accelerate business growth by supporting the Supply Chain and Business Technology Groups within Vallen.
- Compile and mine data from a wide variety of data repositories such as CRM, Work Management, ERP, Data Warehouse and BI Applications. Validate data accuracy and confirm data quality to ensure consistent use across the business. Develop new modeling techniques and tools for analytics and reporting.
- Promotes and consults on data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure master data integrity across the operation of systems are consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- Design and execute analytic projects; generate insights to support business decisions using advanced analytical techniques.
- Translate quantitative analyses and findings into visuals for non-technical audiences. Provide clear interpretation of the data to effectively communicate findings and insights to senior executives, managers and key stakeholders.
- Assists in the application and implementation procedures of data standards and guidelines on data ownership, coding structures, and data replication to ensure access to and integrity of data sets.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Working at Vallen
At Vallen, we are committed to the success of our customers and our co-workers and do what it takes to get the job done right. We work diligently to improve and drive results that create value. We’re hands-on, responsive and team-oriented. We apply our insights, experience and relationships to find the best solution to every challenge. We hold ourselves to be personally accountable to do what we say we will do.
Qualifications & Benefits
Bachelor’s degree in a related field coupled with 5+ years work experience. Associate and 7+ years work experience
Relevant experience should include:
- Experience and skill with data mining techniques such as classification, association, clustering, outlier detection, regression analysis, predictive modeling, anomaly detection and pattern tracking.
- Specialized knowledge in pattern extrapolation and discovering new knowledge from the data to influence business decision.
- Proficient with database query/management (local and SQL), Oracle, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and various forms of ELT tools and/or applications.
- Experience working with inventory management/product data, tools, and applications.
- Experience using Stibo (STEP), Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle SQL Developer, Power BI, SmartSheet and Microsoft SharePoint is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and with little supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
401(k) Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path