|Date Posted||July 18, 2019|
UPS Capital, a financial subsidiary of UPS, is seeking an Senior Administrative Assistant to impact the organization in the underwriting area, providing data analysis, reports and administrative support for small package insurance products and the underwriting group.
The Senior Administrative Assistant responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Underwriting data analysis, loss data analysis, and customer performance.
- Creating and maintaining insurance quote letters and policy documents, creating and maintaining customer records for insurance billing and invoicing, and researching on any billing and invoicing issues.
- UPS Store and International reporting / analysis.
- Strong analytical and data skills with attention to detail.
- Strong business and technical writing skills as well as oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with in-house customers, staff members, and vendors.
- Timely ability to gain working knowledge of PC systems and Operations systems software relevant to the UPS environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications, including MS Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of databases, queries, and data mining a plus.
- Must possess analytical discipline.
- Must have the ability to participate in the development of reports/tools that provide the business users the necessary data results to manage their respective areas of responsibility.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent education.
- High level of PC and database management knowledge and experience, report generation, and advanced reporting capability.
- 3+ years in Excel, Access (database design, query and report writing), and Data Warehouse (Siebel Analytics).
- Ability to develop the analysis process or best answer for a particular problem.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law