|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||November 12, 2020|
The Director of Business Development is responsible for selling the IE/ISNP value proposition to potential business partners in an assigned geography. The role is assigned business targets and penetration goals for Institutional Special Needs Plans (ISNP) and Institutional Equivalent Special Needs Plans (IE-SNP).
If you are located in NY Tri-State Region - Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Nassau and Suffolk Counties, or North and North East NJ, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze assigned geography to identify, segment and prioritize all skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and/or assisted living facilities (ALs)
- Conduct traditional business development activities to engage customers, to illustrate the value proposition and benefits of participation with Optum/UnitedHealthcare, and to collaborate with Optum stakeholders to execute contracts which lead to successful implementation
- Provide a monthly pipeline forecast by stage, utilizing the CCM Business Development Model, including risks and opportunities relative to budget and/or assigned production goals
- Partner with network and sales leaders to ensure strategies are aligned, and drive incremental growth
- Serve as the executive contact for client groups, including the development and management of C level and C level equivalent positions in the SNFs/ALFs
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years sales, business development, or negotiation experience
- Experience meeting targets/metrics/goals year over year
- Intermediate MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Leadership skills to ensure all deliverables are completed timely and as required to facilitate the closing of the sale and execution of the contract
- Ability to drive the entire new business development process and immediately identify and correct any barriers preventing the closing of the sale
- Ability to work with the executive and market leadership in the development of the budget and setting goals and expectations for the market
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual
- Ability to motivate the business development team to complete tasks and assignments and overcoming challenges they may face when engaging with the new client
- Must be able to travel up to 60%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration
- Experience in healthcare sales
- 3+ years of experience working with a skilled nursing facility
- Experience using a CRM (salesforce.com, Siebel, or a similar product)
- Contract negotiation experience
- Ability to work a heavily matrixed environment
- Experience in a high energy position, requiring significant client contact, entertainment and engagement
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Job Keywords: sales, business development, negotiation, long term care, skilled nursing facility, Medicare, lab, laboratory, medical device