|Date Posted||November 29, 2020|
Job ID: 17714
We are Telular, a business unit of AMETEK and a technology leader in IoT solutions for the commercial telematics, security and home automation markets. For over thirty years we have made smarter connections for our customers. By combining wireless technologies, purpose-built devices, and SaaS commercial offerings, we’ve been a disruptive force in the IoT market.
We’re proud of our culture of innovation and dedication to customer success that has put us in a favorable growth position based on a large and loyal customer base and an ever-increasing number of applications for its solutions.
**This position may be located in Herndon, VA or Chicago, IL**
The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for the financial planning, reporting, and analysis activities. You will be working closely with our Division Vice President of Finance and business leaders across the company, preparing the company’s financial budgets and forecasts and provide financial analysis and business intelligence to support decision making. This position also contributes to the broader Finance & Accounting organization by participating in monthly financial close activities and making recommendations to improve and optimize financial processes.
• Responsible for the execution of the company’s financial budgeting and forecasting processes, and for the company’s financial planning model.
• Collaborate with the Division Vice President of Finance to develop timelines, gather budget and forecast data from the business units, review business unit submissions, and prepare summary information to facilitate review and approval by management and the Corporate leadership.
• Analyze monthly financial performance, including variances to budgets and forecasts; prepare financial reporting information for management, the Corporate leadership, and other important stakeholders.
• Track important business trends and report on Key Performance Indicators to assist management in executing the company’s business plans.
• Participate in monthly management meetings to review financial and operational performance. Continually seek ways to improve the timeliness and content of reporting.
• Use the Salesforce CRM platform to produce and distribute intelligence on the company’s sales pipeline.
• Build and manage partnerships across business leaders and partners with cross-functional teams to deliver on strategic goals and objectives, increase revenue and revenue efficiency, and improve profitability.
• Provide insight and recommendations to business leaders on its financial performance, focusing on key drivers including profitability models, trends, and analytical needs.
• Lead key financial processes across the organization, including Financial Planning, Forecasting and Management Reporting & Analysis
• Diagnose and influence the key drivers of the business. Analyze and present complex financial information in simple terms, presenting conclusions and recommendations to business leaders
• Manage and/or execute ad-hoc financial analysis (such as profitability analysis, capital project analysis, financial modeling) to support strategic and tactical decisions.
• Support and actively participate in meetings with lenders and other constituents of the company.
• Support the Accounting team during the monthly financial close process by reviewing interim results and providing needed inputs (e.g., sales commission calculations).
• Support any M&A activity through participation in diligence related activities