|Date Posted||January 15, 2021|
Here at the City of Atlanta, we are passionate about building and improving our community. Our Police Officers, Fire Fighters, and Building Inspectors keep our Citizens safe. Our Public Works Staff keep our City clean and help to maintain, build, and improve our City's infrastructure. Our City planners help envision and shape future City growth. Our Parks & Recreation professionals enhance our quality of life. Our Engineers help to keep our drinking water clean, the largest airport in the world (by passenger volume) operating, and our buildings maintained. Along with the host of Finance, Procurement, and Human Resources professionals whose support is vital, we are the City of Atlanta! If you are seeking a meaningful role where you can make a real difference improving and growing our City, we welcome you to explore the job opportunities we have to offer.
The City of Atlanta Information Technology Department is seeking a Senior Application Administrator
to support our Workorder and Enterprise Asset Management Application. This application has not been
identified yet, but it will be one of those identified in Gartner's Magic Quadrant (i.e., IBM Maximo,
ServiceNow, Lucity, etc.). The selected application will be used to manage assets for the Department
of Transportation with assets ranging from sidewalks, signs, traffic lights, etc.
The EAM will also have integrations with the city's Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
application, tight GIS integrations, and ERP integrations with the Oracle Cloud ERP and
The Senior Application Administrator works with the enterprise work order and asset management
teams to plan and execute configuration, maintenance, and upgrades of the application. The
application will be a GIS centric Service Request, Work Order, and Asset Management system used to
track activity across several departments and divisions within the City of Atlanta. While this position
will focus on the Department of Transportation's functions, this position will work collaboratively with
other administrators that support the functions for other departments (i.e., watershed management,
This is a hands-on technical and functional position, requiring experience with enterprise application.
administration, strong communication skills, and effective collaboration abilities with various City staff.
This individual is also responsible for testing new configurations and customizations, migrating changes.
across environments and providing guidance on capabilities. Proven communication skills, problem-
solving skills, and knowledge of IT best practices are critical to successful performance in this role. The
Senior Application Administrator position requires working closely with other members of the IT team.
as well as building collaborative relationships with power users across the various City departments.
through regular communication and the City's internal User Group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Application Administration, Technical Design, Testing and Implementation.
- Administer the workorder and asset management application from a business and technical
perspective via configuration and administration tools.
- Maintain various production server and database configurations including Microsoft Windows.
- Server, Esri GIS and Oracle Databases. Includes responsibility for the overall health of the City's
- Delegate tasks as required to team members.
- Perform testing of software and software configurations and implementation of upgrades.
- Maintain security roles within the application.
- Provide configuration and support on various platforms and databases related to, GIS, and
other business applications.
- Create, maintain, and publish GIS maps for consumption within the application.
- Handle escalated customer incidents, problems and service requests related to in a timely
- Design and develop reports and analytics within, Crystal Reports, and other analytics tools.
- Anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks before they occur; present technical issues
and their impact to management with recommendations for solutions.
- Enhance, support, and follow City of Atlanta ITIL standards Software Development Lifecycle.
- Provide frontline training and technical support to application end users.
Technical and Business Analysis
• Provide best practice guidance for configuration and customizations
• Design and implement business process workflows utilizing configuration tools
• Document workflows, business process models, designs and technical solutions.
• Ensure projects are completed and delivered on time and meet requirements and expectations.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the creation and testing of new configurations and functionality
• Effectively build and maintain a network of key contacts across the City and leverages these contacts to achieve results
• Communicate and coordinate regularly with teammates and departmental staff to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process
modeling/mapping and methodology development, and data mapping.
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements.
- Understanding of GIS tools and capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
with a high-level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organization in all aspects of work.
- Demonstrated ability to implement technical solutions through all phases of the application
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal) that demonstrate understanding of complex
technical details, clarity of thought, and the ability to understand users and their needs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, Visio)
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, enterprise application administration, relational
databases (SQL Server and Oracle preferred), reporting and/or data analytics tools (Crystal
Reports, SQL, etc.).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and three years of progressively responsible information
technology experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- 2 years direct experience in configuring and maintaining an enterprise-level application
- 1 years of enterprise-level application administration
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Direct experience administrating an Enterprise Asset Management or Work Management
Application such as Maximo, CityWorks, Lucity, ServiceNow, etc.
- Direct experience with Esri GIS tools and concepts.