|Date Posted||November 18, 2020|
The Order Management & International Logistics Specialist provides support by utilizing knowledge and understanding of supply chain management processes to provide customizable logistic solutions tailored to the individual customers’ needs.
Act as single-point-of-contact for all Cummins’ international distributors by managing the end-to-end order management and logistics process flow.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree or min. of 2 years relevant work experience.
* Experience: 0 – 2 years of relevant experience required.
* Language Skills: Business level for speaking, reading, and understanding English and/or Spanish (International team only).
* Logistics and supply chain knowledge: apply strong knowledge of international shipping terms, procedures, and trading laws to manage end-to-end process to fulfill customer requirements.
* Analytical Reasoning: Applies research methodologies and statistical analysis to solve problems and exercise independent judgement. Synthesizes and analyzes low to moderately complex data, information and evidence in order to draw meaningful solutions to meet customer expectations.
* Team members must adapt quickly and have the ability to make sound decisions when dealing with unexpected changes, laws, regulations, special requirements (Shipping, Import/Export regulations at customer location).
* Communication (Written and Verbal): Communicates in a clear, organized and precise manner with functional areas to drive the required response; communicates responses to the customer relevant to their original request, while providing alternative solutions.
* Order Management Representatives must possess strong communications skills and be able to effectively communicate in different languages, when necessary.
* Attention to detail: Pays attention to all the details of what is communicated, either written, orally, or presented. Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing daily tasks while considering impact on functional areas. Provides accurate and relevant information on a timely basis to the customer.
* High degree of accuracy required.
* Cultural knowledge: Strong ability to understand, communicate and effectively interact with people across cultures.
* Systems knowledge and technical skills:
o Minimum of intermediate skill level with computer related programs such as Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Internet.
o Ability to gain skills required to utilize Cummins’ systems (e.g. Siebel, Red Prairie).
o Order Management Representatives will need to access elevated screens that allow them to manage and monitor customers' orders, product availability, and total volume with the goal of optimizing shipments and revenue.