|Location||West McLean, VA|
|Date Posted||October 5, 2019|
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Your role in helping us shape the future:
This position is for Principal level Salesforce Developer to serve as a key member of the Salesforce implementation team in a dynamic and highly technical environment. The candidate is expected to serve as the Subject Matter Expert for best practices around development, design and support of effective technical solutions for Intelsat’s Salesforce and CPQ systems.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Design, configuration and custom development of solutions using Salesforce platform as well as CPQ.
- Building integrations with other systems, or assist with activities like scoping and documentation.
- Technically involvement in all aspects of assigned projects, including planning and resolving issues.
- Assuming active contribution into the design of solutions and ideas that add value.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders and business application owners to identify, recommend, develop, and implement salesforce enhancements.
- Assessing solution and design options, provide development estimates and timelines to the business users.
- Configuring and implementing solutions in Intelsat’s Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) platform.
- Participating in all aspects of Salesforce design, development using Classic UI and Lightning Components, testing, configuration, support, and administration.
Can you drive these processes?
Software Development Life Cycle.
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 5-7 years of overall software development experience
- A minimum of five years of experience in Salesforce custom development using Apex, and Visualforce.
- Demonstrated an in-depth understanding of the business functions and or /processes that are supported on Salesforce platform.
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning design and components.
- A strong understanding of design principles, technically scalable data modeling, and Salesforce development best practices.
- Proven experience in demonstrating use of analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to address business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
It would be nice if you had:
- Salesforce development certification.
- Experience with migration from Salesforce Classic to Lightning framework.
- Experience with configure and schedule periodic data synchronization using 3rd party tools like DBSync.
- Experience in Integrations with Oracle EBS, ServiceNow and other boundary systems.
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.