|Location||Fort Mill, SC|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2019|
Senior Application Architect - Salesforce CRM / Service Cloud
Individuals within the Senior Application Architect role work closely with clients, business analysts and team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. This role is the most senior individual contributor Architect role within our organization structure. Solutions designed and delivered must be aligned with business and IT strategies and are in compliance with the organization's architectural standards. Application Architects are involved in the full systems life cycle and therefore are responsible for formalizing requirements, designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities beyond development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations. Individuals also provide input to project plans related to the application development initiative.
Application Architects have a strong knowledge of programming languages and application configuration used by the organization. They have experience in systems design and have a solid understanding of development, application configuration, database development, testing, and integration methodologies. Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services and processes is required.
Individuals must be able to adjust to constant business change. Common types of changes include introduction of new organizations through mergers and acquisitions, evolving goals and strategies and emerging technologies. These changes require integration of solutions that can impact the overall system development activity. Application Developers also provide client support, consultation and subject matter expertise for system development, maintenance and support. This associate will lead major projects/programs providing subject matter expertise and technical direction. Works on projects that span a broad range of applications. Expertise in multiple technical environments and possesses business knowledge that spans multiple business areas
POSITION SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE:
• Data modeling and access: relational and non-relational designs
• Business logic: object-oriented programming and common frameworks
• Microservices architecture
• Writing and utilizing APIs / Action Layer / MVC
• Front-end development using HTML, CSS, and client-side scripting
• Salesforce.com Certifications (3 or more) including Service Cloud or Health Cloud
• Experience implementing Service Cloud enterprise integration architectures
• Experience designing Service Cloud integration solutions
• Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture components - CRM Service and/or Health Cloud
• Permission Sets and Salesforce security architecture
• Salesforce Visualforce, Apex, Angular, SOQL, SOSL
• Lighting Framework, Lightning Components, Lightning App Builder, Lightning Design System
• Salesforce Force.com application build
• Mulesoft integration with Salesforce
• Informatica integration with Salesforce
• Ability to define and communicate the "big picture” in terms of the solution (both functional and technical components) and break it down into smaller manageable work units
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads and/or participates in project planning processes.
• Develops work plans or reviews other work plan timelines and manages workflows to meet project timeframes.
• Responsible for identifying development tasks in support of project planning and estimation
• Contributes to strategic planning meetings and provides guidance and expertise on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals.
• Works closely with architects to assure all systems are in line with IT long-term strategy.
• Will directly lead the design and development of solutions associated with one or more applications.
• Will identify technical requirements.
• Will create functional and technical design specifications and assists in sizing technical requirements.
• Reviews and advises on technical and functional design specifications developed by junior levels.
• Leads project workstreams building application components
• Codes applications or enterprise wide software systems using a disciplined development process.
• Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
• Reviews integration testing plans.
• Supports and/or executes testing efforts across the life cycle.
• Ensures the adherence to standards, policies and procedures.
• Reviews modules for quality assurance.
• Checks for compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
• Develops convergence plans to meeting standards, as needed.
• May assist in defining development guidelines and standards.
• Performs code reviews.
• Contributes to and reviews deployment plans and may schedule the installation of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
• Works with Release Management to ensure modules are production-ready.
• Create branching and merging strategies as needed.
• Validates deployment.
• Supports the ongoing maintenance of applications.
• Oversees and assists in production support.
• May troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions
• Leads the technical evaluation and selection process for improving application performance by overseeing gap analysis studies, feasible alternative solutions, and recommending and/or approving the scope of modifications.
• Ensures all applications are documented according to standards.
• Promotes effective use of information technology by educating users on system functionality.
• Assists in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems.
• Evaluates new application packages and tools and performs research on best practices.
• Provides recommendations for the solutions.
• May prepare and present formal training to IT staff, as needed.
• Provides technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
• Provides technical guidance or system process expertise.
• Provides performance feedback to managers.
• Develops reports and presentations for senior management, as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Typically requires 8 or more years of application programming and analysis experience.
Has a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
Experience in leading projects.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements and develop alternate solutions.
Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of technologies and environments
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Advanced programming skills in several programming languages
• Advanced solution design and configuration skills with target application ecosystem
• Advanced understanding of relational database design and theory
• Ability to translate complicated business requirements into multiple solution options and explain the pros/cons of various approaches
• Advanced knowledge of Object-Orient Design Patterns and use cases for applying them
• Proficient communication skills and experience in mentoring/leading junior developers