|Date Posted||November 18, 2019|
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for a Salesforce Developer with specific knowledge, ability of creation, development, design, and maintenance of Salesforce applications to support existing and future information technology activities relating to software development and other projects as they are identified.
- Design, development, and testing of complex solutions consisting of Salesforce services (Service Cloud, Analytics, Field Service, Einstein Analytics, Community Portal, Cognitive Services, AppExchange vendor solutions), mobile applications, data persistence, and integrated using middleware or API technologies
- Develop management and creation of user roles, profiles, permissions, role hierarchies, public groups, security controls, and shared settings.
- Collaboration with project management team to ensure alignment and communication of project status or issues.
- Maintain data and execute data mitigations.
- Generating Reports, Dashboards, customized reports and analyzing data.
- Unit / Regression testing and release management of modifications / updates between environment instances using Force.com IDE or other automated solution
- Perform ongoing Salesforce administration activities (accounts, profiles, roles, fields, layouts, data security)
- Development of workflow rules with time triggered tasks, email alerts, email templates, field updates.
- Create and managed User Roles, Profiles, Permissions, and Role Hierarchies, Public Groups, Security Controls, and Shared Settings
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and delivery break / fix for applications
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, business analysts and developers to build best in class solutions
- Development of technical design documentation based on functional and stakeholders requirements
- Management of the testing process for Salesforce solutions which includes developing test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments
- Collaborate with project management team to ensure alignment and communication of project status or issues
- Integrate the Web Services for extracting the data from external systems.
- Deploy Apex using Force.com IDE, Force.com Migration Tool and Web Services API.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders
Positions open in:
- Washington, DC
- Raleigh, NC
- Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Eagan, MN
- Topeka, KS
- St. Louis, MO
- San Mateo, CA
Bachelor’s degree in business, Information Technology, or related field
- Proficient in Data Migration using different data tools - Apex Data Loader, Excel Connector, Import Wizard, SFDC Data Export, Mass Delete etc.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), which involves requirement gathering, requirement analysis, design, development, implementation & enhancement of projects in SalesForce.com
- Salesforce App Builder Certification
- Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification.
- Demonstrated experience across Salesforce platform services (Service Cloud, Communities, Einstein Analytics, Force.com, AppExchange) is required
- Application development experience using Salesforce technologies (Apex, VisualForce, Lightning, profile, pages, roles, layouts, workflows, etc.) is required
- Proactive approach and strong communication skills (including written, presentation, and verbal)
- Comfortable with ambiguity and effective with minimal guidance
- Excellent partnering and collaboration skill
- At least five (5) years of experience in three or more application development technologies frameworks: Force.com / Visualforce / Apex / SOQL / SOSL, Lightning, C#, .NET, Java
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Salesforce Administrator and Advanced Administrator Certification
- Salesforce Platform Developer 2 Certification
- Two years’ experience using Agile methodologies
- Experience with LEX and Lightning Components
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.