|Location||St. Louis, MO|
|Date Posted||November 18, 2019|
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for a SalesForce Engineer with specific knowledge, ability of creation, development, design, and maintenance of SalesForce applications to support existing and future information technology activities relating to software development and other projects as they are identified.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Deliver Salesforce solutions on Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Marketing Cloud.
- Accountable for Salesforce technical delivery ¡V Build, System Testing, documentation and deployment activities.
- Play lead in reviewing service requests, user-stories, and convert functional requirements to technical requirements. Estimate user stories, plan team capacity and work closely with Scrum Master to finalize Sprint scope.
- Expertise with Salesforce development tools and techniques including the APEX language, Lightning Experience, Force.com custom development, triggers, controllers, Force.com JSON, sObjects, SOQL, SOSL, Chatter APIs, outbound messaging and creating Visual Force pages.
- Ability to analyze and identify gaps in functional and business requirements.
- Build interface integrations between Salesforce and external applications using REST, SOAP, APIs, and Single Sign-On
- Migration of changes from development to test to production environment(s) using Jenkins.
- Manage risks and issues with cross dependencies with other teams.
- Communicate effectively with internal teams and client to address technical designs and defects.
- Ability to effectively debug and resolve technical issues and/or defects which may be reported as a result of faults in the production system.
- Provide technical and other guidance as required to the team and assess the performance of the associates.
- Apex batches, schedule classes by implementing Batchable and Schedulable interfaces for processing large data sets in scheduled intervals.
- Strong implementation experience in managing data security using OWD, sharing rules, apex managed sharing rules.
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.
- Bachelors' Degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Engineering, Business (or related field of study) and a minimum of 5 years' of directly related work experience; OR an additional 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of the degree
- 5 + years of total IT experience with at least 3+ years of Salesforce Apex, VisualForce and Force.com
- Strong Salesforce customization and configuration experience (at least 3 or more of the following five Salesforce modules: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Communities and knowledge)
- Hands on development experience using Salesforce configuration and customizations using Apex, Visualforce, Triggers, Scheduled and Batch classes etc.,
- Proven integration experience using integration techniques - REST, SOAP APIs, and Single Sign-On.
- Ability to migrate Salesforce classic features to Lightning experience, including converting Visualforce pages to lightning components and / or using Lightning Design System with Visualforce pages.
- Knowledge of Product Development Lifecycle and DevOps Tools like Jenkins
- A thorough understanding of Salesforce Deployment Process and tools like ANT, Change Sets and Force.com IDE.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a creative, Agile environment and manage agile task assignments
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
- Experience with Chatter, Communities and other Salesforce apps (SteelBrick. And CPQ,)
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, and others)
- DevOps tools such as Selenium/Jenkins.
- Platform Developer II Certification
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.