|Location||Fort Mill, SC|
|Date Posted||February 12, 2019|
Senior Platform Engineer – Salesforce
Individuals within the Senior Platform Engineer role work closely with Application Development Leaders to ensure application solutions are designed according to platform specific best practices, limits, scalability, performance and reliability. They are also responsible for managing change within the environment, designing and managing the sandbox through production environments. They work closely with our Enterprise release and deployment team to ensure successful deployments and environment synchronization. Responsibilities beyond development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations. Individuals also provide input to project plans related to the application development initiative. Senior Platform Engineers have experience with lifecycle management, environment management, capacity planning in a hybrid Cloud and on On-Premise application environment. Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services and processes is required. Individuals must be able to adjust to constant business and technology change. Common types of changes include introduction of new organizations through mergers and acquisitions, evolving goals and strategies and emerging technologies. These changes require integration of solutions that can impact the overall system development activity. Senior Platform Engineers also provide Application Development and Operations support, consultation and subject matter expertise as required. This associate will lead major projects/programs providing subject matter expertise and technical direction. Works on projects that span a broad range of applications. Expertise in multiple technical environments and possesses business knowledge that spans multiple business areas
POSITION SPECIFIC SKILLS:
• 3+ years experience managing a complex Org design with Salesforce platform, specifically Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Communities, and Force.com
• Experience implementing and managing Salesforce specific CI/CD tools such as AutoRABIT or Copado
• Experience integrating CI/CD tooling with enterprise tools such as Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket, etc.
• Experience managing Salesforce Org’s with additional solution components such as Mulesoft, Informatica, Microsoft Azure Data Warehouse and Analytics. Having managed a combination of similar tools and technologies as an overall Salesforce solution ecosystem is acceptable.
• SFDC Experience working in Lightning/Communities, APEX class / coding, Custom coding, Process Builder, Triggers, Visualforce, Workflows, CSS, HTML, Templates and Web Services
• Salesforce certifications preferred: Application Architect, System Architect
• Experience with Agile Scrum delivery framework
• Experience working with distributed external resources and vendor teams (onshore and offshore)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and/or participates in project planning processes.
- Develops work plans or reviews other work plan timelines and manages workflows to meet project timeframes.
- Responsible for identifying development tasks in support of project planning and estimation
- Contributes to strategic planning meetings and provides guidance and expertise on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals.
- Works closely with architects to assure all systems are in line with IT long-term strategy.
- May participate in the design and development of the application landscape associated with one or more applications.
- May identify technical requirements.
- May create technical design specifications and assists in sizing technical requirements.
- Reviews and advises on technical design specifications developed by junior levels.
- Leads project teams building applications.
- Codes applications or enterprisewide software systems using a disciplined development process.
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
- Reviews integration testing plans.
- Supports and/or executes testing efforts across the life cycle.
- Ensures the adherence to standards, policies and procedures.
- Reviews modules for quality assurance.
- Checks for compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
- Develops convergence plans to meeting standards, as needed.
- May assist in defining development guidelines and standards.
- Performs code reviews.
- Contributes to and reviews deployment plans and may schedule the installation of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Works with Release Management to ensure modules are production-ready.
- Create branching and merging strategies as needed.
- Validates deployment.
- Supports the ongoing maintenance of applications.
- Oversees and assists in production support.
- May troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions
- Leads the technical evaluation and selection process for improving application performance by overseeing gap analysis studies, feasible alternative solutions, and recommending and/or approving the scope of modifications.
- Ensures all applications are documented according to standards.
- Promotes effective use of information technology by educating users on system functionality.
- Assists in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems.
- Evaluates new application packages and tools and performs research on best practices.
- Provides recommendations for the solutions.
- May prepare and present formal training to IT staff, as needed.
- Provides technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Provides technical guidance or system process expertise.
- Provides performance feedback to managers.
- Develops reports and presentations for senior management, as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Typically requires 8 or more years of application programming and analysis experience.
Has a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards. Experience in leading projects. Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements and develop alternate solutions. Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of technologies and environments
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced programming skills in several programming languages
- Advanced understanding of relational database design and theory
- Ability to translate complicated business requirements into multiple solution options and explain the pros/cons of various approaches
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Orient Design Patterns and use cases for applying them
- Proficient communication skills and experience in mentoring/leading junior developers
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.