|Location||College Park, MD|
|Date Posted||January 18, 2020|
The University of Maryland is seeking a Salesforce System Administrator who will lead the ongoing development and configuration of our Salesforce deployment. The successful candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using the Force.org or Force.com platform. We are seeking someone with excellent technical and communication skills who can interface directly with internal stakeholders; understand their needs; configure and customize the platform in order to meet new/changing business requirements. This position will be responsible for ensuring that we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on all the features and benefits of the system based on various departmental needs. This position will promote adoption, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions, and act as the primary contact and a subject matter expert on complex and/or critical system issues and processes for UMD’s Salesforce CRM environment.
The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) platform, ensuring that it works seamlessly across the organization and captures all required information.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
at least 3 years’ experience performing work developing, configuring or implementing Salesforce, including 2 years’ experience as a Salesforce Administrator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of Salesforce Sales, Service and Marketing Cloud products.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality.
- Ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
- Strong data management abilities.
- Ability to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to understand and articulate complex requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Experience with Salesforce in higher-ed or non-profit sector
- Experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment
- Understanding of the HEDA architecture
- Additional Salesforce certifications
- Minimum 5 years experience designing and implementing new processes
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.org and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes user adoption.
- Experience in data migration and integration, and knowledge on data migration strategies and tools like Informatica
- Experience with creating, managing, debugging APEX triggers and use of SOQL queries
Additional information: This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: Work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Some periods of time may be spent in computer/server rooms.
Best consideration date: 12/09/2019 or open until filled
Position #: 125076