|Date Posted||January 22, 2021|
Amcor Rigid Packaging
Master Data Analyst
Ann Arbor, MI
Join Amcor and you can be part of the team that makes the packaging of the future better for people and our planet.
Here at Amcor, we work together every day to make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people across the globe by providing packaging for essential products, including food, beverages, pharmaceutical, medical, home and personal-care .
We are sustainability leaders in our industry. We are the first global packaging company to commit to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025.
Our products are vital to support the lives of millions of people across the globe every day.
We are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to innovating and driving new solutions to create more sustainable packaging solutions.
At Amcor Rigid Packaging (ARP), our teams are focused on developing and making plastic bottles and jars that create a unique experience and are better for the environment. Our bottles and jars are primarily made from PET (polyethylene terephthalate), which has rapidly become the world’s preferred packaging material. PET is lightweight, shatterproof, recloseable, resealable, reusable and infinitely recyclable*.
With approximately 6,000 people across about 50 manufacturing operations in 11 countries and an annual revenue of US$2.9 Billion, ARP provides rigid packaging solutions to the beverage, pharmaceutical, food, and home and personal care segments.
Learn more about the many benefits of PET bottles here.
*with existing technologies including chemical recycling
Opportunity to lead efforts to develop, create and streamline the global master data processes across Amcor Rigid Packaging. The Master Data Analyst is responsible for defining, processing, documenting, and monitoring master data requirements for key domains such as, Finished Goods, Raw Materials, BOMs, Rate Routing, MRO and products with the purpose of improving data quality. This position will be an integral part of the procurement MDM&P2P team and the scope will include custodianship of all master data worldwide including material master records in SAP MDG and bills of materials, rate routings, Purchasing Info Records in SAP ECC.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage business requirements gathering, future state data maintenance process and data structure design, system functional configuration, testing and on-going support of SAP MDG/Lotus notes for Finished Goods, Raw Materials BOMs, Rate Routing, MRO, Vendors.
- Lead the cleansing, transformation, conversion, and remediation of data efforts across key business domains such as direct materials (Finished Goods, Raw Materials, BOMs)
- Leverage processes and tools to execute data migration, ensure the development of master data creation and management procedures to effectively manage master data.
- Design and manage data standards (business glossary and technical metadata) for key master data domains in SAP MDG/Lotus notes and monitor their compliance leveraging SAP Information Steward
- Utilize standard set of tools to effectively manage the master data change process. Standardize data conventions, processes, and tools
- Leverage intelligence data migration methodology to assist in the identification of additional master data process requirements
- Lead data entry for direct materials such as Finished Goods, Raw Materials, BOMs, Rate Routing, and discontinuation through the defined processes
- Manage the efforts to identify, troubleshoot, cleanse, organize and update data on an on-going basis
- Lead audit of master data in SAP systems for compliance with data standards, governance policies and procedures
- Travel 25%
Data Migration and Cleansing
- Lead Master Data synchronization requirements during the migration timeframe to ensure accuracy of data transfer
- Work with data conversion team lead to support the data conversion activities
- Manage data clean-up and validation efforts by reaching out to all business partners to ensure integrity of master data across the systems.
- Responsible to resolve non- compliance/ data integrity issues
- Manage projects with touchpoints with R&D, commercial, supply chain management for new development work, ensuring adherence to master data standards and strategy
- Engage with the business process team leads in defining and harmonizing the data structures to support various business processes for the organization
- Drive compliance with stakeholders by publishing reports to support the business and show master data quality, metrics, and trends
- Develop and manage workflow tools and propose a process for improving population of master data content
- Establish scenarios for data extraction, form/template population, form/template routing, and ERP updates
- Reports directly to the Procurement Manager – Analytics/Data Management
- Partner with the following internal customers/other colleagues:
- Procurement Leadership Team, Leaders from Commercial, Finance, Supply Chain and Operations.
- Works closely with NA IT
- Master Data Analyst, Sr procurement Systems Analyst, Procurement Analysts, Regional Buyers and Regional Buyer Lead
- Partner the following external stakeholders:
- Procurement systems vendor customer support teams/consultants
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more functional domains with SAP MDG is required, including hands-on configuration aptitude
- Demonstrated analytical competency
- Knowledge of modern Planning and Purchasing principles, practices and procedures preferred
- Ability to lead requirements gathering, future state design and fit-gap analysis workshops with business stakeholders is a must
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team of junior analysts
- Ability to plan, measure and report progress on projects or business initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple duties/projects at one time
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, with concentration in Industrial, Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Information System.
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience with SAP Master Data Management (MM) and Production Planning (PP) modules
- At least 5 years’ experience with SAP EIM tools such as MDG, NetWeaver MDM, in the capacity of a functional/business analyst
- At least 5 years of experience of using data quality and profiling tools such as SAP BODS, information Steward, or Informatica for data profiling, automated data cleansing and proactive management of the quality of the data
- Must have demonstrated abilities to perform functional configuration of at least two master data functional domains from the following list – Finished Goods, Raw Materials, MRO, Vendor
- Hands-on experience with mass data loading and maintenance tools (like Winshuttle, LSMW) is required
- Knowledge of procurement (Ariba P2P, Coupa), supplier management (SAP SRM) or customer relationship management (Salesforce, Siebel) tools are highly desirable
- In depth knowledge of SAP organization structures, metadata management, data dictionary and data structures
- Advanced to expert level knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and MS Project
- Demonstrated experience of ASAP, Agile development methodologies
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements: N/A
Work Environment: Office Environment
Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860’s and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites.
At Amcor we believe in talent through diversity and promote equal opportunity in the workplace and recognise that discrimination and harassment of co-workers based on race, creed, disability, gender, marital or maternity status, religious or political beliefs, age or sexual orientation is unlawful.