|Date Posted||November 20, 2020|
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Business Intelligence and Analytics developer will be a member of the Data Management team and participate in the delivery of information and analytics solutions and platforms to key business stakeholders. The developer will provide expertise, development skills, best-practices, education, and end-user training to ANSYS staff.
- Analyze and translate business reporting and analytic requirements to model the physical data into reporting, dashboard, and visualization tools, import database objects and establish relationships between data elements, and define the connections to data environments.
- Analyze and translate business requirements into business reports and dashboards based off the reporting layer model by creating filters, joins, key definitions, and renaming source data columns and tables.
- Develop the presentation, metadata layer, and access controls to enable business users to develop and use reports.
- Provide expertise to the business with reporting, analytics and dashboards and provide insights into data that will drive business growth and performance.
- Collaborate with business end users to educate and help them create their own self-service reports.
- Develop dashboards and reports as needed, using knowledge of dashboard and data visualization best practices.
- Document standard business intelligence and analytic processes, metadata, and data definitions for end users as well as Level 1 and 2 technical staff who can assist in analyzing and solving common user issues.
- Work closely with other Ansys departments, ensuring their data, reporting and analytics needs are met either by producing top quality reports, dashboards, and insights, or by training and providing them with what they need to produce self-service reports and dashboards.
- Work in a collaborative environment, work creatively and leverage innovation processes and techniques to deliver new insights.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, Business, Information Systems, or a related technical field is required.
- 4 years' experience in dashboard and visualization development on database data.
- Ability to quantify and effectively identify user requirements for analytics and dashboards.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Senior level experience in data visualization tools (PowerBI (preferred), Tableau).
- Experience with data preparation tools (Alteryx perferred).
- Experience using a data warehouse as a source for analytics developer.
- Experienced in use of Oracle PL/SQL and Microsoft T-SQL to access database data.
- Experience working with cloud-based data repositories.
- Experience in Excel using pivot tables, charts, functions, and other advanced spreadsheet techniques.
- Experience in use of Salesforce and Siebel as a source of enterprise data.
- Knowledge and expertise with data analytics techniques and tools, including python and/or R.
- Knowledge and experience analyzing and integrating semi-structured data.
- Knowledge of Master data management.
- Knowledge of Informatica ETL design/development.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh