|Date Posted||September 29, 2020|
Come join a company where what you do makes a difference. For over 50 years, Danbury Mission Technologies, located in Danbury, CT has forged groundbreaking technologies that have pushed the limits of physics, engineered the impossible, and provided actionable intelligence to keep our Armed Forces and nation safe. We are dedicated to helping you grow your career by using all your talents, insights and experiences in a welcoming team environment. Bring your passion, commitment and curiosity and come grow with us as together we work to make our world a safer place. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Database Administrator.
Position Overview: In this position, you will be part of a talented and growing IT team and take responsibility for a wide range of assignments supporting on-premises and hosted data. In doing so, you'll have the opportunity to apply your expert level knowledge of database architecture, standards, programing, and optimization techniques. You will build database configurations, maintain data flows and related processes, optimize servers and databases, increase automation, usability, and create technical documentation. This will require use of complex database security techniques, backup, restoration, migration strategies, risk management, and disaster recovery. This opportunity will afford the successful candidate to influence, grow and evolve with the organization as we transform into a new corporation.
- Installing and regularly upgrading Oracle and SQL Server
- Create and manage database tablespaces
- Database user account creation and management
- Database and database infrastructure security configurations
- Support security teams with required security configurations, justifications, and Information assurance vulnerability management (IAVM) tasks
- Manage Oracle and SQL Server Database instances on Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems
- Expertise with Windows OS configuration and management
- Provide full system administration and database administration support for the SQL Server and Oracle environment
- Provide support for development, test and production Oracle/SQL Server enterprise relational database management systems until the data environments
- Development of a data warehouse as needed for consolidation efforts
- Management of Apache platform
- Management of an Oracle WebCenter platform
- Experience with Data Warehouse Conversion from Oracle to Microsoft SQL Database
- Minimum experience 8 years performing in an Oracle/ SQL Server DBA role
- Experience administering Windows/Linux/Oracle Business Systems and applications including ERP, CRM, Databases, Business Process Management, Time Management Software, etc.
- Experience with standard integration platforms and REST APIs
- Scripting Experience - (Shell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience with automated system configuration is a plus
- Experience with object-oriented programming is a plus
- Experience with SAP HANA is a plus
- Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle WebLogic Server 11g/12c System Administrator
- Experience working in a DoD environment with associated clearances is preferred
Collaborating with world class experts, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative solutions in fulfillment of our customers' requirements. We believe in our mission and we believe in supporting our employees. We offer policies and programs that provide opportunities for continual learning, career growth and work/life balance along with a full suite of health and welfare benefits.
Due to government contract requirements, sole US Citizenship, and not dual citizenship with another country, is required.
Danbury Mission Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.