|Date Posted||October 7, 2020|
Location: Lansing, MI
Duration: 11-12 months
Project timekeeping and labor costing standardization:
- The timekeeping and labor costing standardization enables achievement of ""Project 3P"" objectives.
- Consolidate and align legacy work methods, data systems, and responsibilities into an enterprise standard project timekeeping and project labor costing solution. Coordinate and enable improvements to project timesheet templates, submittal, approval, and change control. Improve project timekeeping data mapping and interfaces ((Planview PPM Pro, Oracle cloud finance/procurement/HR, Jira), data tagging, analytics and reporting.
- Key output of the solution is an enterprise-wide project timekeeping model with improved ease of use, improved data accuracy and integrity, reduced manual effort in project timesheet administration, approvals and change control, reduced manual effort in project costing / financial processes, and improved tagging of project hours to named products and customers.
- Responsible for day-to-day coordination and facilitation of the project (schedule, work plan, RAID, communications and change mgmt. plan).
- Lead work plan development and execution in concert with project work group leads.
- Document and finalize business processes and supporting data structures and flows for the solutions previously described.
- Document and finalize impacted team roles / responsibilities and interactions
- Ensure work plans, reports and accountabilities are in place to safeguard current and emerging timekeeping, sales, billing, financial planning and reporting process outcomes thru the legacy system-to-new-solution transition.
Reporting to the Director, Portfolio and Project Delivery, this role will support the Project Management Office team. This individual will support SWAT initiatives as defined, lead projects, and generate performance metrics and reporting. This position will work with all business units to analyze, redefine and monitor workflow to ensure maximum effectiveness to gain efficiencies in support of our goals.
This role will facilitate teams, lead process improvement sessions, create or oversee creation of process and project documentation, visualizations and dashboards using any one of a number of tools including Planview Pro PPM, NetSuite ERP, Salesforce, Access/Excel, Oracle cloud ERP and others as needed. Other duties can include data analysis, requirements definition, solution design consulting, report design, application development, framework modeling, and testing."
Ten years’ experience with demonstrated technical experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities. Minimum of seven (7) years related technical experience, including four (4) years of project management experience is also required.
Effective facilitating groups to define how the software / solution will be used, what processes need to be developed, what roles and responsibilities will be assigned to make those processes and those data flows.
- Excellent written and oral communicator, proficient at navigating SME, leadership and executive levels of the organization.
- Strong work ethic and team work skills are required.
- Strong MS Office skills, specifically, visio, excel, ppt, PowerBI and sharepoint.
- Self-started mentality with the ability to work independently on deliverables when necessary.
- Ability to proactively anticipate needs, identify and recommend alternative solutions or options.
- Willingness to learn new tools and skills quickly.
- Natural curiosity and strong desire to solve problems quickly.
- Ability to quickly come up-to-speed in a new environment and/or industry.
- Detail oriented, documentation and data driven
Experience in Lean / Process Improvement / Business Process Engineering / Consulting preferred.
Experience within Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations highly preferred.
Experience with customer relations management (CRM), sales management (Salesforce), quotation management (CPQ) and billing solutions (Fusion subscription management) highly preferred.
Experience with account management, service management and business analysis.