|Date Posted||November 30, 2020|
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The work location for this exciting opportunity is flexible, and the selected candidate can be located anywhere in the United States but must work east coast hours.
The Salesforce Developer will work as part of the team dedicated to ensuring that we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the system based on the various user group needs. The Salesforce Developer has a solid grasp on the declarative development model within Salesforce and has some additional experience with structured programming languages. We are seeking someone with excellent technical and communication skills who can interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to enhance the system accordingly.
- Create basic Force.com applications
- Develop some level of automation via workflow, process builder, and some apex (triggers)
- Gather requirements, analyze business needs, and apply best practices in determining the best solution
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Participate in design discussions, and offer timely solutions
- Act as the first level of support for production issues and triage accordingly, escalating as needed
- Engage with business leaders to define requirements and develop solution designs
- 5+ years Salesforce experience (creating objects, custom fields, field-level security)
- Salesforce automation techniques: Workflow rules, Process Builder, and Apex triggers.
- 3 + years prior programming experience (Apex, C#, Java, PHP, Ruby)
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Familiar with the declarative development model within Salesforce
- SOQL query fundamentals and data modeling experience
- Extensive Visualforce experience (JQuery, Lightning, CSS are a plus)
- Basic familiarity writing unit tests and debugging apex code
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required PLUS a minimum of three years related experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce governor limits, best practices, and working with large data sets are a plus
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I - required
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II- nice to have
PLEASE NOTE: This position can be worked remotely. The position will be located where selected candidate presently resides. However, this position will report to staff on the EAST Coast; therefore, the ideal candidate will reside in the Eastern time zone. Candidates outside of the Eastern time zone will be considered, but if selected, will work a schedule that mirrors East coast hours.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visitwww.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights