|Date Posted||August 1, 2020|
Title: Underwriting Examiner Support
Location: Florida ,32246
Duration: 5+ Months
The Unassigned Group Underwriting and Renewal Analysts team is the unit within Group Underwriting that primarily supports the 51+ Group Underwriting for new business and renewals.
The Senior Underwriting Examiner position is mainly responsible for the auditing and processing of new and renewal enrollment for all product lines and all groups 51+.
This position ensures compliance with all underwriting guidelines and legislative requirements including but not limited to participation and contribution requirements, verifying eligibility for benefits sold, and confirming the accuracy of rate calculations, final rating procedures, and the use of Pricing Policy.
The Senior Underwriting Examiner audits coding of the Group Summary Sheet (GSS) and approves acceptance of the group contract in order to ensure the appropriate group structure setup for administration of benefits and financial reporting.
- Perform audit and validate all compliance requirements are met for new groups and renewal business.
- Meet production goals for the 51+ Group Enrollment process
- Maintain established quality goals for the 51+ Group Enrollment process
- Maintain cycle time goals for the 51+ Group Enrollment process.
- Conducts review of Reworks, Invalid Reworks, Pricing Policy audits and Ceridian audits
- Communicates with Sales Team when appropriate
- Ensures all underwriting documentation is stored/filed as per established guidelines
- 3-5 Years in an administrative or clerical experience
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Experience working with MS Word and Excel
- Strong mathematical/analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be comfortable working with high volumes and tight timelines.
- Must possess problem solving and organizational skills in order to manage multiple tasks
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and a team player
- Process and technical knowledge of various underwriting systems. These systems include but are not limited to: Siebel, E-Rate and RBMS.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience working in the health insurance field (products, billing, claims)