|Published||January 22, 2023|
|Location||Palo Alto, CA|
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
About Futureforce University Recruiting
Our Futureforce University Recruiting program is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company. With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
By applying to this job posting you will be considered for both Salesforce Research and Tableau Research
Salesforce Research is looking for outstanding research interns. Ideal candidates have a strong background in one or more of the following fields:
* Deep Learning
* Machine Learning
* Natural Language Processing
* Computer Vision
* Reinforcement Learning
* Medical AI
* AI Ethics
Applied to, for example: text categorization, text summarization, information extraction, question answering, dialogue systems, machine translation, language and vision, image classification, object detection, image generation and editing, economics, biomedical sciences, etc.
Candidates that have published in top-tier conferences or journals (e.g. NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, ACL, EMNLP, CVPR,) are preferred.
As a research intern, you will:
1. Work with a team of research scientists and engineers on a project that ideally leads to a submission to a top-tier conference
2. Learn about exciting research and applications outside your expertise
3. Focus on pure research that incorporates into your PhD focus area and contributes to the AI Community
4. Attend conferences with our researchers to showcase your accepted papers
* PhD/MS candidate in a relevant research area
* Excellent understanding of deep learning techniques, i.e., CNN, RNN, LSTM, GRU, GAN, attention models, and optimization methods
* Experience with one or more deep learning libraries and platforms, e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe, or Chainer
* Strong background in machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, or reinforcement learning
* Strong algorithmic problem solving skills
* Programming experience in Python, Java, C/C++, Lua, or a similar language
This internship is a minimum of 12 weeks.
The vision for Tableau Research is to operate as a world-class industry research lab where we partner with internal teams and academia to foster innovation and serve as thought leaders, advancing the state of the art in data and analytics. Research topics include visual analytics, data visualization, data preparation, human computer interaction, statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, search, as well as presentation and collaboration with data.
A research internship typically consists of a project that is mutually discussed and agreed upon between the intern and their mentor. The goal of the project is to help further the intern's research career and inspire Tableau & Salesforce with new ideas for future product roadmaps. A research internship also provides excellent opportunities for exploring industry research, gain insights into product development, and publishing work at top academic conferences.
What you'll be doing…
As a research intern you will work closely with a mentor who is a member of Tableau Research. You will typically meet daily with your mentor to coordinate, plan, and help set expectations. You will be asked to present and provide updates a few times at our team meetings. Research typically involves designing and/or prototyping, along with possible user studies. You will be expected to create a final presentation and write-up of the project. Often, the project evolves into co-authoring an academic paper that could extend beyond the internship period.
Who you are…
* Passionate about research. You are a PhD student in good academic standing with at least a couple years of research and publishing experience at high-quality conference and journal venues. In the past, interns have published at venues such as VIS, EuroVis, TVCG, CHI, CSCW, UIST, IUI, DIS, KDD, SIGMOD for example. Having previous internship experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
* Aligned with our mission. Your research passion aligns with Tableau's mission to help people see and understand data.
* An effective communicator. You have clear written and oral communication skills.
* A proficient designer. If your project involves prototyping user interfaces, you have a portfolio of UX / interaction / visualization design examples.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.