|Date Posted||November 18, 2021|
The CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Analysts will use first party data within our customer database to identify, create, optimize, and retain customer segments and generate personalized campaigns to engage customers. Analysts will focus on lines of business between consumable and discretionary products, including private brands. Analysts will hypothesis, test, read, and implement offers based on set KPIs for driving store trips, basket size, and program engagement. This role will collaborate within the larger marketing department for digital promotion and shopper marketing support with suppliers and cross functionally with other departments such as IT, store operations, merchandising, and strategy/insights. The CRM Analyst will create standardized reporting of all tests for leadership review to determine campaign viability. Analysts will provide program insights as seen and generate weekly reports (Excel, Powerpoint) to educate stakeholders on status and growth opportunities of CRM database and loyalty programs. The analysts should be familiar with SQL and be able to write basic code and queries. The ability to data mine large volumes of customer metrics and ‘make sense’ of data, draw actionable conclusions/insights and then put them into practice to be proved out is important.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Main point of contact for digital couponing and loyalty programs within Marketing, across company departments, and external business partners.
- Using first party data, generate customer personalization ideas/recommendations for implementation and tracking that drive sales, trips, and digital couponing program engagement.
- Management, maintenance, creation, analysis, and reporting of customer database to identify segments and trends in customer purchase history and behavior.
- Generate standardized reporting for all personalized digital couponing campaigns to track and report performance; report on KPIs and generate next step recommendations.
- Create and gain alignment for monthly company funded offers/campaigns and manage/track liability for company funded offers/campaigns.
- Create and manage offers in system, as needed.
- Collaborate with shopper marketing teams to inform on insights and drive offer support with merchandising and supplier partners in support of targeted campaigns.
- Create and streamline processes that develop structure around the analysis, management, and proposal and implementation of targeted campaigns. Share best practices with marketing and merchandising teams.
- Continually strive to review and propose future improvements to existing targeted campaigns based on CRM analysis.
- Maintain understanding of current CRM trends and competitive landscape.
- Ability to write basic SQL code and queries.
- Ability to navigate large volumes of customer metrics and generate actionable customer focused campaigns to drive program engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Office work environment, 40+ work hours per week.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple workstreams that may require coordination/collaboration with several departments.
- Inquisitive mind and logical thinker with customer focused mindset and discovery lenses
- Excellent critical reasoning skills.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Economics
Experience: 3 – 5 years analytic experience; experience in retail with previous CRM and/or customer data experience preferred
Job Related Skills:
- Proven analytical abilities with strategic thought processes and reporting skills
- Professional background at a discount / promotion oriented retailer and/or marketing technology company.
- Ability to communicate effectively, develop partnerships, and collaborate across multiple departments.
- Self-starter, comfortable and effective working with varying levels of guidance.
- Ability to be accountable, multi-task, and set priorities with a high attention to detail. Strong research, analysis, and information delivery skills required.
- Computer Skills:
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and experience with database structures and CRM analysis.
- Ability to write basic SQL code and queries