|Published||November 13, 2021|
Director, CRM (Salesforce)
Location - Raleigh preferred, consideration will be given to remote work within close proximity or travel to HQ Office in Raleigh, NC as needed
The Director, CRM Development is a member of the IT Customer Experience Team with overall accountability for delivering Customer 360 technology capabilities to support the growth of our professional business and improve operational efficiencies.
This position is responsible for championing and driving organizational and technological change with the goal of continuously improving Advance Auto Parts’ ability to serve our customers better than anyone else. In addition, this role is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with the appropriate Business Operations and IT Leadership Teams and their direct reports and serves as the main escalation point for issues which cannot be resolved by the members operating within their respective teams. The leader in this role will lead global engineering teams responsible for delivering innovative customer solutions using the Salesforce CRM platform.
This position is ideal for individuals with high accountability, developing future leaders, strong analytical skills, financial skills, great communication style and a partnership mentality. The individual must be able to influence cross-functional business partners and effectively provide the Technology point-of-view on complex business issues to senior management, team members, and partners.
This position has management responsibility in a global delivery model including the development and maintaining of an effective labor strategy. In addition, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining strong senior level relationships with Advance Auto Parts’ external partners and ensures that Advance receives the maximum value for any contracted services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish a technology vision and strategy for CRM solutions through partnering with business and technology teams, focusing on business outcomes tracked via key metrics, including overall financial management
- Lead and develop a 25+ member product team responsible for delivering engineering designs and solutions for new product features
- Define, drive, and deliver CRM solutions in partnership with Technology and Product leadership to power both internal (Sales Cloud) and external professional customer (MyAdvance, MyCQStore.com) Digital Experiences
- Identify solutions, prioritize the product roadmap and delivery commitments through close collaboration with Product Design and Leadership
- Foster a product culture within the CRM product teams, establishing best practices around discovery, prototyping, continuous and rapid testing and learning, with a relentless focus on delivering customer value.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers and Architects on the design and integration with other products and/or technology platforms.
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders (e.g., legal, security, etc.) to ensure product features meet all security and privacy requirements.
- Partner with Reliability Engineering team to ensure proper controls have been implemented for proactive monitoring of critical product features, availability, and stability.
- Live our Values – Inspires, motivates and ensures team is focused on serving our customers
- Lead with Courage – Makes bold and timely decisions
- Deliver Winning Results – Takes broad accountability for achieving team goals and objectives
- Analysis – Analyzes Information
- Managing Execution – Delegates and Monitors
- Innovation – Engages in Innovation
- Focus on Service – Deliver Service Requirements
- Collaborating – Collaborates with Others
- Communication – Writes and Speak Effectively
- Leveraging Diversity – Understand and Respect Differences
- Results Orientation – Drives for Results
- Establishing Trust – Show Integrity
- Adaptability – Show Resilience
- Production Operations and Support – Defines and Executes Support Procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience to include:
- 4+ years' experience in Web Product Management or related field. B2B and Retail experience is a plus
- 5+ years of experience with directly managing large teams including Mangers and Sr. Managers
- Proven technology leader with experience building and managing highly engaged teams
- Experience with lean/agile development processes
- Passionate about web/technology/data
- Champions a Customer First mindset
- Experience with following Salesforce Clouds – Sales, Service, and Experience
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Commerce is a plus
- Knowledge on Azure/AWS is a plus
- Persuasive communicator - able to explain complex or intangible concepts to stakeholders at all levels
- Good listener - weighs input from multiple perspectives when forming opinions and recommendations
- Experience managing, training and mentoring others in Engineering methodologies and best practices.
- Able to easily motivate and inspire team members, peers, stakeholders and executives
- Innovative; thinks beyond boundaries
- Analytical; solves problems at root cause and prioritizes effectively
- Continuous improvement mentality; never satisfied
- Comfortable speaking to large audiences and executives
- Flexible and open-minded; proactively seeks input from others
- Handles constructive criticism with ease; adapts easily and efficiently to change
This position will be responsible for directly managing and influencing internal staff and Service Provider outcomes and ensuring the highest level of service quality, closely liaising with both internal and external partners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.