|Date Posted||April 10, 2021|
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Our location in Austin, TX currently has an opportunity for a National Account Director. This role will partner with the Enterprise Accounts teams, CRM organization, and other key functions to create an aligned set of programs to maintain market share.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create robust business planning, and subsequent programs for IDNs in conjunction with EA and AVPs
- Establish operating processes with finance, VP Commercial, and the DVP US Commercial on market assessment, entry strategies, and partnership programs with other ABT business units to maximize CRM revenue.
- Serve as liaison to marketing, sales and other functions to create market expansion/entry
- support programs that are to be executed by commercial teams post contract changes to maximize revenue and share penetration in IDNs at the account level.
- Develop IDN revenue forecasts based on current and expected future contract status
- Create metrics, in partnership with EA and CRM finance, to measure contract outcomes and compliance, market share, revenue, and other performance metrics.
- Track and provide regular reporting and updates for CRM senior management on the status of all IDN contracts (current, potential, in process, etc.)
- In cases of contract non-compliance (i.e. below target CRM share in key product categories), work with the DVP Commercial, AVPs and Sales team to ensure plans and strategies in place to achieve compliance.
- Work with sales team to ensure strategies in place and plans being executed to achieve
- maximum pull-through of product sales relative to contract position.
- Proactively identify upcoming or potential upcoming IDN RFPs
- Ensure that long term pro-active strategies in place and being executed for off contract IDNs
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies to accelerate contract initiations at off contract IDNs (disrupt competitor contracts)
- Participate in RFP response development and Price Counsel preparation to ensure high quality and consistent approach applied to each RFP
- Review and approve IDN proposals to ensure compelling, easy to understand and of the highest quality.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with Abbott CRM current contracts – identify areas of dissatisfaction and work with local sales team or EA to address
- Identify best practices from various IDN RFP proposals and share across EA and CRM sales
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Experience with key-account sales and enterprise accounts processes
- Minimum of 10 years of top performance in sales (medical device or pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical), sales management experience up to a Region Sales Director or Area Vice President, with revenue in excess of $100MM.
- Prior experience in Enterprise Accounts proficient with RFP / contracting, or previous work
experience with one to the Top 10 IDNs a plus.
- Proficient with complex contracting mechanisms and recognized as a creative problem solver.
- Creative problem solver with strong interpersonal skills with capacity to work across
boundaries using formal and influence skills.
- CRM product and business process knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and presentation methods.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.