|Published||January 23, 2023|
Only candidates living in PST/MST zones will be considered at this time.
Our well-established auto industry partner is looking for an impactful Principal level Salesforce Software Engineer to be a part of an Innovative team delivering new products. This company is one of the largest personal transportation solutions in the United States and is one of the fastest-growing companies in the Fortune 500. Your passion and drive will stand out in this innovative and team focused environment. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Location: Portland, OR (Hybrid partial WFH - possible remote)
Type: Permanent, F/T
Principal Salesforce Software Engineer
The Principal Salesforce Engineer is responsible for driving the success of major software initiatives across our organization on a tactical level. As the most skilled engineers in the organization, they can quickly support an existing team’s Agile process to impact velocity on mission critical features delivering our new products. The Principal Engineer also works across many teams to offer unparalleled mentoring and training for engineers in the creation of high-quality applications that adhere to our organizational standards. They give engineers the tools and guidance they need to design and implement high quality software systems, and work to grow the overall strength of our organization.
- Work with other members of the Software Architecture team to craft and realize the vision of our technical roadmap
- Quickly add velocity to mission critical feature development across many teams in a healthy, sustainable way
- Champion a high standard of excellence in code quality and application architecture across our organization
- Provide excellent mentorship and training to accelerate the growth of engineers
- Represent the engineering organization across the company, and act as an ambassador to the overall tech community
- Coordinate with team members in Engineering Leadership to help develop the organization’s comprehensive approach to software development and engineer growth
- Work with members of the Product, Design, and Delivery organizations to reduce friction and improve outcomes
- Lead and drive deep architectural discussions during discovery, design, and implementation stages of projects with delivery teams and business stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years shipping and supporting high-scale, high-performance web applications in a cloud environment
- 6+ years end-to-end Salesforce implementation experience including integration w/ 3rd Party enterprise systems using SOAP, REST, BULK and Streaming APIs
- Mastery in HTTP, web application architecture, scalability, performance, reliability, deployment, monitoring, security
- Mastery in Salesforce Sales, Service, Community, and Marketing clouds; Platform Developer I or II cert preferred
- Mastery in Salesforce build, test & release of configurations, assets, process automation and reporting
- Familiarity with platform authentication patterns (SAML, SSO, OAuth) and platform security capabilities (TLS, SSL (Secure Socket Layer))
- Exposure to container-driven development using technologies like React, JEST, Java, Docker, Azure, AWS (Amazon Web Services) or GCP
- Extensive experience building enterprise software in an Agile and DevOps SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) environments
- An excellent communicator, able to address gaps and opportunities with the greater team constructively
- Prefers to listen before speaking, and thrives on consensus-building and influencing without authority
- Self-motivates, believes in accountability, focuses on results, makes plans, and follows through
- Believes in humility, empathy, shares best practices, desires to keep learning, measures performance and adapts to improve results
- Practices servant-leadership and is primarily invested in furthering the career growth and efficacy of our teams. Lives our values