|Published||January 18, 2022|
Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
This position is a combined Salesforce Administrator and Configuration Specialist. This position works directly with the Sales and Marketing IS team to support Salesforce CRM platform. Projects will initially include CRM and marketing automation tools and will also be defined by organized process improvement initiatives that refine the processes, tools, and data input across any of the Altec Sales and Marketing Teams.
The candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Creates deployment (managed) packages for distribution to member salesforce orgs.
- Authors functional design and configuration specification deliverables based on clients’ business requirements.
- Works independently to test Salesforce configuration and setup, test case development, performance and load testing, End-to-End testing, and functional/regression testing (coding and development skills not necessary).
- Manages users and system administration in a Salesforce Lightening environment.
- Facilitates system testing, regression testing, and supports user acceptance testing.
- Migrates meta data between Salesforce environments using change sets and other tools.
- Adheres to best practices of system maintenance between sandbox and production environments.
- Advises and guides client towards best practices in application configuration, workflow, customizations and data validation.
- Advises and guides client towards best practices for salesforce.com user setup including roles, profiles, security model, permissions and groups.
- Collaborate with end-users to create project-specific training material.
- Monitor analytics of new systems during integration and maintenance. Continual administration of process / tool enhancements on an as needed basis.
- Log Service Request with Salesforce or appropriate provider when issues cannot be resolved by Altec.
Education and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to exceptional candidates with 10 years relevant work experience
- At least three years Salesforce functional applications experience
- Must be Proficient in one module of CRM.
- This position is on-site in Birmingham, AL
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to problem solve
- Special consideration given for previous experience with Oracle Sales Cloud and Oracle Eloqua
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.