|Published||October 1, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
DCAS's mission is to make city government work for all New Yorkers. From managing New York City's most iconic courthouses and municipal buildings, to purchasing over $1 billion annually in goods and services for more than 80 City agencies what we do ensures that all agencies can deliver on their mission. Our reach touches every facet of city government and is instrumental to the successful day-to-day operations of the City of New York.
Our commitment to equity, effectiveness, and sustainability guides our work providing City agencies with the critical resources and support needed to succeed, including:
-Recruiting, hiring, and training City employees.
-Managing 55 public buildings.
-Acquiring, selling, and leasing City property.
-Purchasing over $1 billion in goods and services for City agencies.
-Overseeing the greenest municipal vehicle fleet in the country.
-Leading the City's efforts to reduce carbon emissions from government operations.
When you work at DCAS, you're not just working for one agency, but in service of them all. It's an opportunity to provide impactful support, quality customer service, and help protect the future of New York City for generations to come. Visit our website at nyc.gov/dcas to learn more about the work we do.
The NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) is seeking a highly skilled Senior CRM Applications Architect with extensive experience in both the technical aspects and infrastructure of Dynamics CRM. Under the IT leadership, this person will lead the team of CRM developers and support multiple projects to provide direction in architecting, designing and building of highly scalable and robust Dynamics CRM applications. Candidate will be responsible for all technical aspects of Microsoft Dynamics CRM system with regards to development, deployment, infrastructure, enhancements, and support. He/she will also be responsible for reviewing technical infrastructure, re-engineering to improve efficiency, and performing many of the technical tasks required for a successful Dynamics CRM implementation.
Under the IT leadership, the selected candidate will lead the team of CRM developers and assist in implementation of new Human Capital CRM solutions as well as supporting the existing CRM applications. Will focus on the development of back end technology supporting CRM dynamics/.Net applications. This includes providing and maintaining a reliable technical infrastructure to effectively serve the customer community; this may include running, maintaining, and troubleshooting systems, servers, networks, and/or desktop environments; responding promptly and effectively to customer problems and either directly resolving the problems or escalating to the appropriate resource and monitoring its effective resolution. The candidate must also have proven professional oral and written communication skills.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, software architects and IT professionals to implement Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions.
2. Develop and maintain a platform roadmap.
3. Customize the system to meet the business needs.
4. Integrate existing systems and services into the CRM architecture.
5. Assist with deployment and provisioning activities.
6. Successfully analyze, describe and design complex business processes
7. Defining blueprint, addressing all high-level business and technical requirements
8. Collaborate with both functional and technical specialists in the Fit/Gap analysis
9. Contribute to the scope- and risk management, evaluation and mitigation plan
10. Help drive the estimation to release the implementation of the proposed solution
11. Ensure that Microsoft solutions and data sources are appropriately integrated
12. Collaborate with the Project Manager and gather feedback from key stakeholder
13. Continuously validate that the solution will satisfy the customer's requirements
14. Participate in facilitation, analysis, and creating prototypes, Identification etc.
15. Passionate about creating strong CRM solution of very high quality
(1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time software experience in designing, programming, debugging, maintaining, implementing, and enhancing computer software applications, systems programming, systems analysis and design, data communication software, or database design and programming, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(2) A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six (6) years of full-time satisfactory software experience as described in "1" above, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(3) A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to (1) or (2) above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in (2) above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A masters degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in (1) or (2) above. However, all candidates must have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of satisfactory full-time software experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
NOTE: In order to have your experience accepted as Project Leader or Major Contributor experience, you must explain in detail how your experience qualifies you as a project leader or as a major contributor. Experience in computer operations, technical support, quality assurance (QA), hardware installation, help desk, or as an end user will not be accepted for meeting the minimum qualification
To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level IV, in addition to the Qualification Requirements stated above, individuals must have one year of satisfactory experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project in data administration, database management systems, operating systems, data communications systems, capacity planning, and/or on-line applications programming.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.