|Published||March 23, 2023|
CRM Systems Developer
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The CRM Systems Developer will play a critical role in developing and enhancing our Salesforce platform, which is a central component of our integrated CRM, ticketing, omni-channel marketing, and web systems. This role is responsible for developing, configuring, and customizing Salesforce to support a wide range of business functions and workflows as well as integrations with other platforms. The CRM Systems Developer will work collaboratively with the CRM Systems Administrator, the CRM Product Manager, web developers, and other technical and non-technical stakeholders to design and implement solutions that meet the needs of the Museum across a wide range of functional areas and will help advance the Museum's digital transformation goals and enable a 360-degree view of constituents.
* Database of 425,000 contacts, 30,000 memberships, and millions of transactional records
* Over 100 end users of systems
* 15+ distinct functional areas of business
* 2 major applications in ecosystem (Salesforce, Ticketure)
* 5+ smaller sub-applications or integrations
* Supports high-availability (24x7x365) platforms
* Participates in on-call schedule/after-hours response as needed
This position is Hybrid, full-time, 30 or more hours per week, Monday - Friday
Manager, AVP, IT & Security
* Education: Bachelors of Science or Arts degree
* Experience: 3 or more years of Salesforce development experience
* Demonstrated experience in Salesforce development, with a strong understanding of Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Web Components, and Process Builder.
* Demonstrated experience with Drupal architecture, including themes, modules, and hooks.
* Experience with version control systems such as Git and deployment tools such as Salesforce DX.
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to design and implement complex solutions.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Knowledge of the Salesforce non-profit service pack (NPSP).
* Experience providing training, especially of technical information to a non-technical audience.
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
* Demonstrated ability to write unambiguous prose related to technical and data concepts, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
* Ability to collaborate and help lead processes that span across departmental areas.
* Ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstances and shifting priorities.
Exempt $100,000-$105,000/ year (Salaried).
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Staff, interns, and volunteers will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Museum will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they cannot get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. The Museum is not required to provide an accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement if doing so would pose a direct threat to others in the workplace or would create an undue hardship for the Museum.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.