|December 9, 2023
At StraighterLine we are on a mission to help students succeed!
StraighterLine is the leading provider of high-quality, affordable, online courses that help learners earn college credit and meet their professional goals. Each year, 150,000 learners take one of StraighterLine’s 215 courses to upskill into new careers or earn credit from over 2,000 colleges and universities worldwide. StraighterLine works with institutions and corporate partners to provide their students and employees with flexible education options that allow them to work and learn at their own pace. Visit www.straighterline.com for more information.
Working at StraighterLine
StraighterLine team members work every day knowing that they are helping learners on their path to employability and career success. We're an inclusive team that fosters collaboration, that trusts and communicates openly. Like our students, we are lifelong learners and strive for excellence in our work. We are committed to bringing innovative solutions to the field - your ideas will never go unheard. And, best of all, we love to celebrate each other's contributions and wins.
We also know how important a life outside of work is, and the support that employers can contribute.
See the end of this posting to learn more about our great benefits.
The Salesforce Administrator provides technical administration and support of StraighterLine’s recently implemented Salesforce platform including support of daily operations, configuration changes, reporting, training, QA Testing, troubleshooting, and working with stakeholders to ensure that applications meet their current and evolving needs. The Salesforce Administrator reports to the Director of Commercial Operations and is responsible for day-to-day support and maintenance of StraighterLine’s Salesforce platform. This role supports and collaborates with teams across the organization: enrollment, business development, marketing, product and engineering, as well as external developers.
We are looking for candidates based in the Washington DC/Baltimore metro area who are able to come into our Arlington, VA office once or twice a month. The target start date for the position is January.
- Oversee technical administration, system performance and support of the Salesforce platform
- Support daily operations, configuration changes, reporting, training, troubleshooting
- Work with outside Salesforce developers/vendors on evaluation, scope, QA/testing, release management and documentation of development projects.
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors, and the outside application development team
- Create and maintain objects and related fields within the platform
- Create and maintain views, reports, and dashboards
- Provide training for current and new users of the platform
- Implement new enhancements including creation of custom objects, workflows, email alerts, approval processes, and templates
- Make recommendations for enhancements and modifications to improve system performance, efficiency, internal business process, and reporting
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance
- Responsible for internal communication on the system i.e. bug fixes and new features.
- Responsible for process documentation in the Salesforce system.
- Support the Salesforce roadmap by successfully configuring new features and system enhancements.
- Review and report user enhancement requests for Salesforce system.
- Plan for and anticipate quarterly system upgrades
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 4+ years of demonstrated experience as Salesforce Administrator
- Salesforce Administrator certification preferred
- Deep technical understanding of the Salesforce platform and its capabilities, as well as knowledge of related technologies and tools in order to make recommendations regarding the ongoing Salesforce deployment.
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
Unlimited PTO, 13 public holidays
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage (*two options fully funded)
401K Safe Harbor plan: 3% of your total salary whether you contribute or not
Six weeks paid parental leave
Free courses for you and your family members